SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that Ninco track and Scalextric track could be used together... that they are compatible with each other. Is this so? If it is true, does anyone have any experience with combining track from these two manufacturers?

Are there other tracks that are intercompatible?

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Mike

Yes, you can combine the two tracks..... A friend of mine has the Ninco/ Scalex classic track.... They make adapters for the tracks.... dont know the parts numbers but I am sure someone will come up with them for ya....

Chris

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Ruhdwulf, please be sure to realise that, although Scalextric and Ninco can be joined together using the Ninco adapters, the two tracks are not the same width and are not the same geometry. It certainly can be done, but care is needed in laying out, particularly if you want any 4-lane sections to run in parallel. Don't let this stop you, but just bear it in mind.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Just to add to the foregoing, the Ninco adapter is to the older style Scalextric "Classic" track and will also join to SCX track. If you want to connect Ninco to Scalextric Sport track you will need yet another adapter from Classic to Sport.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (JohnP @ 13 Oct 2004, 14:23)Just to add to the foregoing, the Ninco adapter is to the older style Scalextric "Classic" track and will also join to SCX track. If you want to connect Ninco to Scalextric Sport track you will need yet another adapter from Classic to Sport.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That may be getting to be one too many adapters.
I also checked around at places selling Ninco and Scalextric track and no one listed this adapter piece for sale.

All hypothetical at present, but I wanted to know for future reference. Thanks all. A great group.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts