SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the Carrera track layout designer, basically because it's free and is pretty comprehensive.

I would like to get a better one with different manufacturer tracks, not just their own.

But... I've not any experience in designing layouts and have to doddle on paper first for a design that I like, but I'm no good at getting the end & start to line up correctly, most of the time they are a little bit out.

What's the best way to sort this out? I would like a program where you leave a gap in the track and it fills it with the correct track.

Anyone know of the best way to do it?

Ta
Ian Gunter

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't believe that there is anything other than maybe Scalextric's RMS that "finishes it off" for you. But even if that does do it, it's only for Scalextric track.

The best over all track designer, in my never humble or shy opinion, is Tracker 2000. Available here, Edwin has done a wonderful job of making a simple yet powerful tool for designing track for any system. Lining up the ends gets to be very easy with practice, and you sure will get a lot of practice playing with the endless possibilities of design for your particular space.

Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree Tracker 2000 is the best one but if you are looking for a free designer then SlotMan is very good and it works in the same way as the Carreara one so you should feel at home with it and it works with most makes of track.

SlotMan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts