17,527 Posts
For Flickr:
1) Go to photo
2) Click "Share"
3) Click "Grab the HTML/BBCode" at the bottom of the popup
4) Click the "BBCode" selector at the bottom of the popup
5) Choose the size of the image you want to insert in the message
6) Click in the code box and copy or cut that text
7) Come back to the forum and paste that code into the message.

That's what I just did to get this in here:

Untitled by AidanHill, on Flickr

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
You've got a lot of track in that space, and you get to use up all your R2 turns, that's for sure. You might enjoy the drive more with a little more variety, such as some turns that change radius as you go, rather than start and end on the same radius. Your previous layout had that in spades, but maybe too much. Somewhere in the middle might be good.
As for the lane changers, well, the CLC and the pit entrance are in a bad place for magless racing, but if you do magnets for a while, it will be fine.
If you have to buy more track to make that layout, you might consider reducing the R2s. No one ever has a need for more R2 turns after they get into slot racing. Usually they're trying to trade or sell them so they can get more R3 and R4 turns. ;-)

What track do you have now? I might take a crack at what I can do with it in your space. Is 3x1.5m pretty firm, or can it be longer or wider?

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
Oh, ok, so you don't have much track yet at all, really. That's good, because you can choose not to buy a bunch of R2 track that will eventually collect dust. ;-)
Interesting that PingPong tables are different over there. Ours are 5'x9' which is different than 3x1.5m. I have a few old 5x9' designs, but they're old and not very good. I think I'll play around and see what I can come up with that I like. If I come up with something, I'll post it here.

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
5x9' seems to be the consensus around the world. Is yours home made?
I've been working on a 1.5x3m layout, but if you have an actual ping pong table, then it will be too big for that.
5' is near enough 1.5m to not matter much in this situation, but 3m is several inches longer than 9'.
That, or TrackPower's units are messed up.

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
Ok, now that's cleared up, here's the track I did for a table of that size. I have a few others, but I like this one the best. This is a flat track. If you want an overpass, that can help add track to the lap, but it's not always a good thing if the lap is made up of repetitive turns. Note that I did put a right hand pit, and yours is left. It's possible to convert them, but someone else will need to provide tips on how to pull the flipper fixing pin on the exit piece, as I've never converted a pit lane, I've only done CLCs with loose exit flippers. Moving the electronics and solenoids over is easy, though. I did work in your hairpin set and most of your R2 turns. I like magless, so my tendency is to work in border room wherever possible. There's also room behind the pit lane for a garage if you like.

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
I put in lane changers where they would work. You can get by with just one, but one or two more couldn't hurt. You could also put a CLC up in the top right instead of the XLC if you wanted.
I've heard of many people buying from the states. Even after shipping and the exchange rate, it's cheaper. :\

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
There are several US stores that are SlotFurm advertisers, such as Electric Dreams. Definitely check them all out.

Some of my other favorite sites are:
FantasyWorldHobbies.com
132slotcar.us
oakridgehobbies.com

There are many, but those are a good place to start.

· Greg Gaub
17,527 Posts
A second power supply will be a good thing, but it won't make a dead spot live again. You probably have a track piece where the rails have fallen below the level of the track surface. Since Sport track rails are usually flush, it's not impossible for a piece to have rails that are a little lower. To fix this, just tweak the braids on your cars. The braids should be pulled in toward the guide itself, and slightly bent away from the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.