SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for some lamp posts or similar in 1/32.
I've found lots in smaller scales but these are too short for what I need, they need to be at least 150mm tall to look right.

Ideally LED 12v, also double or even quad head and in the modern style, not vintage!

I've thought about scratch building some but wondered if there was any "ready to light" available!

Many thanks

Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (slotcarscrapyard @ 21 May 2011, 07:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

I've found lots in smaller scales but these are too short for what I need, they need to be at least 150mm tall to look right.

Ideally LED 12v, also double or even quad head and in the modern style, not vintage!

I've thought about scratch building some but wondered if there was any "ready to light" available!

Many thanks

Chris

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mdp/mdp6082.htm?source=froogle

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Defau..._source=froogle

these work well with 1/32 scale tracks and they are 20.3cm tall.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Check out these street/track lights.

eBay Street Lights

They are O gauge and measure 150mm to the top of the lights.
Pricing looks very competitive.

Cheers!

·
Registered
247 Posts
QUOTE (slotcarscrapyard @ 21 May 2011, 08:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

Many thanks

Chris

For me, I found the stuff online to expensive for the amount that I need (approximately 70). So I made some out of drinking straws (with the bending elbow thingy and plastic teaspoons). I made about for about 100 for 50 euros in material.

Pros:
Cheap
flexible (if a car hits it, they tend to bounce back into shape. If not, they are easily replaced.

Cons
Time to contract (all those wires, resistors and LEDs.
I had a hard time getting to stand straight up and down. Some times they would lean. But this can be over come with some patience.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies so far.

Had a good look at the links and there are some great lights I missed when searching.

On having another look at the track today I think they need to be higher still, up to 250mm at the max as the track is quite open and large it will need the extra height.

I'll keep on looking and if anyone comes accross anything that may be suitable please let me know.

Other than that then the straw idea, or something similar will have to be the other option.

Not worried about the wiring side of things, being a sparky, getting them to look like lamp posts could be another matter!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Interesting about wehonest.
I know I bought 10 lights made with flexy straws and Slot Car Scenics bases from a fellow in the UK. They look very flimsy but I have not tested them yet.

There are some other 1/32 lights from Germany (cannot remember the name) which are a bit pricey but have an interesting feature.... they use a 3.5mm (or is it 2.5mm) plug and jack for installation.... jack is in a rectangular base with bottom of light with a plug attached.... just plug in and you have lights (once properly connected at the bases).

Might try to do this myself.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Interesting about wehonest.
I know I bought 10 lights made with flexy straws and Slot Car Scenics bases from a fellow in the UK. They look very flimsy but I have not tested them yet.

There are some other 1/32 lights from Germany (cannot remember the name) which are a bit pricey but have an interesting feature.... they use a 3.5mm (or is it 2.5mm) plug and jack for installation.... jack is in a rectangular base with bottom of light with a plug attached.... just plug in and you have lights (once properly connected at the bases).

Might try to do this myself.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
There is a company in Germany called Overdrive who do car lights. They may have also got some track lights now. (I haven't checked.) THere are also some lights available in Spain. See www.art-kitslot.com.

Not sure if you meant Slot Track Scenics bases. That would be us. We don't do anything specifically for lights at the moment but it is a possible future item. (Also I guess you meant the lights looked flimsy. We don't do anything I would call flimsy.) What kind of lamps are people looking for? Street lights? Flood lights for night GP races? Also would you want them with the electronics built in or are you happy to do your own?

David Jessett - Slot Track Scenics

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
QUOTE (Djessett @ 24 May 2011, 22:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is a company in Germany called Overdrive who do car lights. They may have also got some track lights now. (I haven't checked.) THere are also some lights available in Spain. See www.art-kitslot.com.

Not sure if you meant Slot Track Scenics bases. That would be us. We don't do anything specifically for lights at the moment but it is a possible future item. (Also I guess you meant the lights looked flimsy. We don't do anything I would call flimsy.) What kind of lamps are people looking for? Street lights? Flood lights for night GP races? Also would you want them with the electronics built in or are you happy to do your own?

David Jessett - Slot Track Scenics

Oops sorry, my mistake. Yes, the Slot Track Scenics clips that allow accessories (read stanchions, fencing, etc.) to be attached to the track.
A chap was selling lights on eBay.co.uk which I bought. He used your clips and added flexy straws and pre-wired lights (don't look like LEDs, maybe grain of wheat). If I were to make my own, I would want something more sturdy than a straw, I think. But that would drive up the price, right?

And yes, the www.art-kitslot.com site is the one I was mentioning where they use a mono/stereo plug at the base of the lamp standard and a jack in the rectangular base for an easy connect. Very clever in my opinion. Cost of 25 euros for 4 lights (plus shipping) puts them at about USD 9 plus shipping per light. I am not sure if the Chinese suppliers of the railway lights (15 cm high) would be both reliable and worth the low cost. Maybe it is back to DIY again?

BTW, David, I should check with you on the cost of delivery to Canada for you items. Would it be about the same as the VAT savings?
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi Sealevel,

With UK rates of VAT now at 20% it would be about that. It depends on weight really and some items are heavier than others. Some might be less than the VAT reduction. If you PM me I can give you some examples based on things you would be interested in.

I agree with you that the Art-kitslot system is clever.

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts