SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
I thought I'd post a picture of the Wellinbugger track. It might tempt anyone in the area to pop along.

John

Photo courtesy of Andy at www.abslotsport.com

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Matt,

I need to come up sometime. Wellingboro used to be relatively close (I lived in Shutlanger, near Towcester when I worked at Cosworth) but is now a good expedition away. However, that's not stopped me before...

In the New Year I hope to get to Phoenix (far) and Woking (near). I might even try Hamilton (far far away) next time I am up home visiting my mother. Maybe I can get the BBC to film it, Michael Palin style.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Looks like she might be a bit of a challenge to marshall in places... not that I need marshalling that often you realize... it might just be that those trying to pass me might though!:question:

Any more pictures or do the lazy ones amongst us have to go over to Abslotsport to see more? It's just so much effort...

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Marshalling can be done with 3 but is best with 5/6 - there is one marshall point in the middle of the track that requires dexterity and eyes in the back of your head - got to be under 35 to go in there!

Had a quick scan of abslotsport.com and there are no more track wide pics - the one John posted intially is the best track wide photo. I'll take some more in the new year.

Matt

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
That is a top track!
I enjoyed the experience although it WAS one of the more testing club visits for both myself AND my cars.

HANDY TIP: DON'T CRASH! that fast and furious track removes paint and tampo faster than any tip I have seen on this forum since it started

Joking aside I did terribly on that circuit, it needs setups all of its own. but I also had a great time and a fast learning curve.

The most unusual point about the track, apart from the sandtex surface, is that it is actually a routed track, made to the same layout as the original, which was old scalextric! so even the curves are the same radii as Scalextric Classic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts