SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Long time no write on this site - though I am still reading it everyday - but devil
makes idle work and all that has been keeping me away from my Slotcars.

Anyway I just bought a new house and due to sizing up a bit I have a games room !
Its size is 3850 x 2645 or 12'8 x 8'8 in old money.

Planning to use half of that for a track (full width , half length so 6 x 8'8)- does anyone know of any good existing layouts that would fit in that sort of size.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hey Chris,

I won't be helpful and pass on some layout designs as you asked for - don't have anything that size handy - but I would make two suggestions:

1. Get some layout design software and play with it - it is play, lots of fun to see what you can put together. The reason is, I think it is worth it to go slowly and try a number of designs to see what you like.

2. Length seems to be much more important than width in squeezing as much of a layout as possible into a given space. You can build a longer lap length layout more easily in 12' x 5' than in 10' x 6', even though both have the same area. At least, that was my experience.

Of course, you can build a longer and more interesting layout if you don't mind the tad bit of work involved in making bridges and elevation changes. Here's my layout design page. I combed the boards for tips before I built and put the best ones I found on that page.

Have fun,
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice and nice track - just got Tracker2000 - will get playing :)

QUOTE (pault86 @ 22 Jan 2005, 05:34)Hey Chris,

I won't be helpful and pass on some layout designs as you asked for - don't have anything that size handy - but I would make two suggestions:

1. Get some layout design software and play with it - it is play, lots of fun to see what you can put together. The reason is, I think it is worth it to go slowly and try a number of designs to see what you like.

2. Length seems to be much more important than width in squeezing as much of a layout as possible into a given space. You can build a longer lap length layout more easily in 12' x 5' than in 10' x 6', even though both have the same area. At least, that was my experience.

Of course, you can build a longer and more interesting layout if you don't mind the tad bit of work involved in making bridges and elevation changes. Here's my layout design page. I combed the boards for tips before I built and put the best ones I found on that page.

Have fun,
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
Hi Chris,
I'm with Paul...forget about whatever other irrelevant unimportant use to which you were going to put the remaining space....use the full length for the track

Cheers, Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts