SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Grass Automotive tire

The horizontal red line needs to be cut.
The red jump needs to be popped free with black tape as an insulator.

Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Grass

Above, the red lines need to be snipped.

On the top track in your photo, you'll have to solder in a new wire or buy more track.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry for delay, working through the first scenario.

The first one isolated power correctly.

lane one powered only lane one
lane two only powered lane two

however lane one was powering the car backwards.

Two steps forward, one step back.

Again, your patience is a virtue gentlemen!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Also during all this i looked for another 15 inch terminal track which i thought i had.
I have one and it has not been altered. If needed I could work with that one if we wanted to.

Jana enjoyed your support! As a nurse manager of 60 nurses right now she might enjoy the change of pace!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
In the end both lanes still power each other. So I'm thinking i try using the terminal track that I have and make the snips recommended above.

Before i do that I just want to confirm: On the cuts that cbwho notes in his photo - in essence those would be the cuts to be made for the top track in my photo and leave the bottom track alone?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Have you ever removed the top terminal track to see what happens to the "inside" lane (ie, the bottom terminal track) when run by itself, please?

IF that works you could make a second identical piece and flip it around to power the other lane.

BUT, so far, your stuff looks like it should work and I do not understand why it does not. None of the posts give me a clear shot at why, or what else to do.

However, I confuse easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I removed the top 15 inch section and replaced it with a 15 inch non terminal track.

the inside lane is powered, by itself. As soon as i put the car on the track it is powered even with no controller trigger pulled. If i pull the controller out of the socket the car is not powered.

·
Registered
264 Posts
In the end both lanes still power each other. So I'm thinking i try using the terminal track that I have and make the snips recommended above.

Before i do that I just want to confirm: On the cuts that cbwho notes in his photo - in essence those would be the cuts to be made for the top track in my photo and leave the bottom track alone?
Correct.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Are we all to assume that your power supply is wired into the same two terminals as the original power pack?

Just because there may be too few inputs for Willy...have we checked across the controller terminals with an ohm meter to make sure they are not shorted full time?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Wood

MMs diagram is the same as the above. And he is correct, reverse the power to the bottom two pins and the direction of travel will reverse.

The deal is...the controller resistor goes between the pins denoted by the red arrows and should complete the circuit ONLY when you squeeze the trigger. It should have NO continuity--and NO power-- when the controller is released, and increase in power as you squeeze the trigger and resistance drops until you reach wide open, when it is close to nothing.

If the car is wide open when you plug in the controller, for some reason, the controller may be completing the circuit. Have you checked across the controller pins with the trigger released with an ohm meter (set to "ohms") to see if you have continuity? Seems like you do, and you shouldn't.

This is a set controller and has only two wires, correct?

·
Registered
746 Posts
ps-"The power and controller can be interchanged if desired."--MM

That also is correct, of course, but nonetheless, the conclusions in post 36 remain the same.

Willy, please check the controller at your convenience & get back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok so when i use a different controller the automatic power situation stops.
So in essence that controller is "completing the circuit" i believe. I will stop using that one as we proceed.
If we're all down for it how about i snip the last terminal track I have to match the diagram drawing.

·
Registered
746 Posts
ps--for giggles, before you make the new one you could test your "good" controller(s) with your earlier attempt, making sure that the strips do not contact the rails that they pass over (cardboard underneath?).

21 - 40 of 55 Posts