SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track, Power Supply, Controllers

Hi all ...

I've posted in the recent past ... getting back into the hobby. Going through the requisite learning curve and such, so ...

Need some more advice:
1) Seems Carrera track comes close to my old 1/24th Revell in size. My old Revell banked stuff got warped while in storage, heat I guess.

Using Greenfield Hobby, Milwaukee, Mail Order North America, and Carrera Slot for pricing on decent sized 4/15 multi high-banked layout.

Are there any other sellers you would recommend for good pricing?

2) Will be using scratch built cars with amp sucking motors in addition to present day Scalextric, Ninco, FLY, MG, and so forth types of 1/32 cars.

Therefore, the Carrera 18 volt, 600 miliamp [.6 amps] power supply won't cut it. Does anyone know of sellers of good 0 to 20 Volt, say 8-10 amp power packs, at reasonable prices?

3) Controllers, the standard Carrera controllers won't work for larger amp motors. As in the power supply ... does anyone know of good controllers at a fair price and which sellers that may be? I've looked at Prof Motor, for one and the controllers are pricey, or are they? Also the power packs seem to run from about $119 and up.

In conclusion ... I'm finding that the track, controllers, and power supply all added together is getting fairly expensive.

Therefore, as in the past requests for help ... help on the above will be most appreciated.

Thanking you in advance . . .

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.