SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Not sure if this question needs to go to Tony or Roy. I was after wiring diagram so I can create an off / off power switch for my track similar to the one used at SCHORC.

I am also looking at a solid state relay to automatically control power but I prefer the live start situation we have at SCHORC.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 3 Jun 2011, 11:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello,

Not sure if this question needs to go to Tony or Roy. I was after wiring diagram so I can create an off / off power switch for my track similar to the one used at SCHORC.

I am also looking at a solid state relay to automatically control power but I prefer the live start situation we have at SCHORC.

Cheers

Jim

Jim ...

That would be me
. The SCHORC setup uses three double pole relays to control the track power. Two of these are switched by the third. They draw power from the power supply only when the track is OFF. That way they do not steal any power from the cars when the track is running, also, the default is ON, so a relay failure will not prevent the track from running.

I have a box of these relays, so can easily supply some for your track. It should be a simple task to incorporate a low voltage relay into my circuit to allow it to interface to a PC or microcontroller. I will dig out the handwritten circuit diagram I used and make a copy for you next week. PM me if I forget, and regarding relays.

Regards

ROY

·
Registered
377 Posts
do you want wireless pc controlled ones or manually operated wireless switches? how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roy,

That's brilliant thanks. I am using a parallel port on my laptop to connect to my timing equipment. I have found instructions on using a solid state dc/dc relay to control power via the Laptimer 2000 software. i really like the idea of the power cutting off automatically at the end of the race, but would rather not have the power off at the start. I kind of like the fact that is the the opportunity to gain time at the start or lose a lap for jump starting.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts