SlotForum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey Bill,

I got the magnabraid from the guys at Steve Ogilvie Custom tracks. One of them had a reunion in Kingston and was nice enough to bring it to me.

I think it was around $200 for a 500' roll so rather inexpensive. Shipping would have been a nightmare with what it weights.

minus, currently the track is single direction until I get my scorpious parts. It is all just parts from scalextric digital right now and my own flippers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
the only problem with SSD and bi-directional is the lap counting is rather suspect if you go in the wrong direction.

I don't have a problem only racing in one direction for a while as we are planning on having a few sections that we can add in so that we can change up the course from time to time quickly.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Thanks Steve. One of the guys I race with wants some braid for his track so maybe we can share the roll. I ran into a guy at Race Haven on Friday evening and he is from around the area where the Ogilvie tracks made and has helped them so maybe I will have transportation as well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
QUOTE (minus @ 8 Mar 2009, 01:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>tossedman
What slotfiretrack would that be?
minus

QUOTE (dangermouse @ 8 Mar 2009, 04:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would say he means this one

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14349
looks fantastic - if I had the space and $$ I would build it..
cheers
DM

Yup that's the one dangermouse. Looks like fun but I'd rather build it than buy it, so... I'm playing around in Adobe Illustrator and SketchUp to see how it'd look.

Steve, looking forwaed to more pictures, it's all grist for the idea mill.

Todd

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey Guys,

I have taken some more photos, now I just need to get home to download them from the camera and put them on a server. Spending the weekend at the bike show in Toronto selling my last years race bikes. If I don't get them out my wife is going to kill me as for some reason she thinks a 16' long track and more then 10 bikes in the garage + her SUV is too much.

As for the Suzuka track the BLST made....I would pay somewhere in the 3-4k range myself for something like that, but like tossedman I would prefer to build it myself if I possibly could.

·
Registered
423 Posts
QUOTE (minus @ 13 Mar 2009, 02:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What would you pay as a reasonable sum for a track like that?

I'd pay whatever BLST is asking if I had enough money. I think it's quite expensive though. Unfortunately I don't have three or four or five thousand euros to play with. I'm relegated to trying to create one on my own. Also like Steve I look forward to the challenge of building it myself. It just takes me forever to figure out what I want to do and then to figure out how to do it. Seems like the planning stage takes longer than the building stage.

Todd

·
Registered
136 Posts
How about a kit, like furniture from IKEA.
You get a set with routed MDF track pieces, braid, flippers and lanechangers and electronics, readymade and good to go. Paint and assemble......
What would you be willing to pay for a track like the Suzuka if it came like that?

minus

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.