SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting a little scenery going again. I've been too busy to do much else to the track lately. That dirty four letter word keeps interfering with life. Work...

Anyway here's a few new shots. Managed to get more trees planted, pavement weathered, and the run-off tires on.

David
http://photo.starblvd.net/dreinecke

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi David,

At first I could'nt believe it was plastic track, you have done a fantastic job
That goes for all the scenery too.

More pics please

I hope you don't mind a few emails asking how you did it all.

Regards
Vlad

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks. I'm in the process of writing an article on how I've done the layout. I'll have it posted in the tech section as soon as I'm done.

A quickie on the patches: diluted darker grey paint that I brushed on with a 1" foam brush. The cracks are done with a black Sharpie marker.

David

·
DT
5,195 Posts
We're looking forward to your article David. Please include photos and material lists. I ordered your rock mouldings and if/when they arrive, I'll recommend the supplier.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
David's article in the SF Resources Section is really superb!
Anyone who doesn't read this is missing something very special indeed.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Dreinecke -
Thank you VERY much for your Resources input !

Believe me whaen I say it could not have come at a better time for me personally .

Congrats on an excellent article!

We welcome other articles and reviews, just contact the Admin team with your submission

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Al,

Thanks for the nice comments. As for never being done...I agree. Nuro and Swiss have given me more ideas on redoing some of my borders. Hmm...have to get to work!

I've been messing with the pit structures so much that lately, I've not done anything scenery wise.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Looking very good indeed!!!

Great job!!!

I like the white half tires in inside of the corner very much!!!

G.

·
Registered
29 Posts
David, (dreinecke)

I had a bit of a giggle
when a friend said he would like to copy your design for a home track, then to read on the forum that someone else was fond of your design aswell. As you will see on the link, we have been using that design for 4 to 5 years now, however in a lot larger scale. I copied the design off a photo that was sent to me by a 1/32 club in England somewhere, where their track is located in the top of a barn.
(that's cool, ain't it)

It's a good design for racing, I think so anyhow.

·
Registered
420 Posts
just had a look at the link... noticed the dodge (dodge coronet '70?) slot car.

Could you send us some nice pict of that car - and maybe tell us more about it?

//peter

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Bigal

From looking at the link and the upstairs in the barn description I think your inspiration was Home Farm, Liphook.

Small world isn't it!

I'd like to know who sent you the picture. Any idea?

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Could this have been your inspiration, Bigal?

This was taken several years ago during it's last refurb. Not looking quite this good at the moment, it is now 13 years old, but we have plans for a major revamp fairly soon. Won't be changing the layout though, 102ft per lane and within an inch or two of each other by the end of the lap. Only four lanes, not six like yours.

Mr.M

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mr M, your smack on!

I wrote to this club and introduced myself some years ago when I first joined the NSCC. I got the club address out of the book, however I lost contact due to the amount of positive response I had from all the different clubs I wrote to, it was difficult to keep up.

I would love to see some more photo's of your layout, put them on our wall as our source of inspiration for our club.

PS:I know of another layout that has copied our design, which is your design, with minor changes also, but it definately seems to be the flavour of the decade!

Big Al

1 - 20 of 33 Posts