SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Excellent
Great to see someonr supporting OSX for slot racing

just tried it on my mac, and it does what it says on the label!

What ideas are you working on for the next release?

cheers

Dave

·
Registered
460 Posts
scideas:

Tried it on my G4, and couldn't get it to open. Any special tricks that I need to know about? And are you planning on adding other types of track?

Stan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very very cool - runs great on my 17" iMac (10.3.2).

Let me know if you want the dimensions of the old Fleischmann trackpieces.

Are you planning support for 4 and 6 lane layouts as well?

/Thomas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
extremely grateful for the encouraging comments guys - you've no-idea what a difference it makes !

new beta just released with following additions:

rotate layout through 90 degrees clockwise or anti-clockwise
bridges now drawn above track they cross
first section identified by darker shading
colour-coded lanes respond to any cross-over sections
standard crossover added and C8203 fixed
simple graphic indicates whether or not lanes are of equal length
total scaled track length displayed in km
detailed help file

if trackdesigner doesn't work for you please email me with details and i'll do my best to find the problem.

i think i have all the generic sections now e.g. C8207 covers lap counter, power base. making them look different i will get around to but its quite time consuming. however if you think any sections
that really need to be there and arn't then let me know.

>2 lanes definately one for later !

in principal easy to add libraries for other makes but again i will perfect with scalextric first.

thanks,

jerry ([email protected])

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Wow - love the additions!
my wish list:
1: distance in actual meters as well as scale kilometers, and also scale miles
(perhaps distance for each lane rather than just one distance)

2: to be able to set the size that is available for the layout, maybe a grey outline rectangle to illustrate the size of your room/table

3: to be able to zoom in to see the track bigger (or smaller)

4: the gap between start and finish to be displayed (in centimeters or milimeters?)

5: for all the track pieces to be available, and it telling you how many more of each piece you need if you haven't got enough (maybe going into minus or red numbers when you have depleted your stock)

6: undo!

7: if you save a layout, and then press clear, you cant reload your layout or get it back!!!!

Also - the traffic lights don't seem to do anything on my copy

great work, cheers Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave, if you save a layout it shoul appear straight away in the pop-up menu - is it not for you ? i haven't been able to reproduce this fault so any details would be greatly appreciated.

(i'm working on metrics and undo ...)

jerry - [email protected]

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
scideas - when i had a saved track, then press the 'clear' button, the track vanishes and so does the item in my list. This is when there is only one item in the list, I haven't tried more items yet

cheers

Dave

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
a bug and an issue

I get corrupted tracks in these circumstances:
when I have moved the track and part is off the screen, it looks ok, but if i save and later load, all the pieces are messed up and skewed.
Also, if i remove or switch a bend in the middle of the track, so one end temporarilly goes off the screen, it gets messed up
And a few other times, deleting a piece in the middle when the ends dont go off the edge

Also an issue, i have used PC based 'slot manager' up to now. If I do the same track on both, the total length according to slot manager = .37km, on yours its .33km... one is wrong! Also the gaps in the track seemed different, so I think one or other has the dimensions for the curves wrong. Ummm is this one based on Scalex sport?

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dave thanks for the above, very useful. i'd seen the bug when going out of the view myself but not the one with only one saved layout.

as for dimensions, trackdesigner calculates all track sections based on either the length or the radius and angle, these being defined by scalextric (sport or classic makes no odds). total length is summed from these calculations. possible reasons for discrepency:

length is actually length of the green lane so if they ain't matched it could give a different vale - should average them. another app might use the outside edge length or the centre length.

trackdesigner shortens section lengths that are raised and total length is horizontal distance, not the sum of the nominal lengths, again another app might do the latter.

regards,

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Well done!

At last another mac user!

Still have to take it upstairs to the OX10 guys, still run 9. whatever.

Will take a look next week

Gareth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave,

couldn't reproduce the error with the single stored layout. if i start with an empty menu, lay some track,
click save,
write in a name,
click ok, the name appears in the menu.
if i then click clear the name remains in the menu and if i click load it is re-drawn.

be interested to know what system you're on or if you're doing something different from the above.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi Scideas

I am on OSX 10.2.8 on a G4 powerbook. I have a feeling I might have clicked delete as well as clear, so it is most likely a user (me) error, although a warning when you click delete that a saved track will be deleted would be good (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
beta 3 released:

unlimited undo/redo
sections sensibly ordered in bins view
preferences added for metric/imperial units and negative remainder values
metrics drawer added
slider for scaling the track view
track length now taken from average of the two lanes

Dave, quite right, i'll add a confirmation screen to the delete.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
getting even better! love the slidy zoom thingy.

Still seems to be a bug when I load a track and want to change it - add some more segments in the middle. It let me add 2 curves, then when I tried to add more, the number of bits left decreased as if I had added the bits, but no more bits were inserted
. Tried closing the program and reloading the track, but the same thing happened.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts