SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I have worked out where it is going to go (16x8 L) and nearly have enough track ordered but do you think this layout has a good balance of everything thats needed ?

Note - new slotcar racer so I might be miles off the mark

PS - its Carrera

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Nice Layout Rob, should make a nice circuit.

The only changes I would make would be to swap the crossings around so that the track that currently crosses beneath the bridge passes over it. This would allow good visability on the following corner, which currently would be difficult to see.

I would also use larger radius curves just prior to the main straight in order to build up speed quicker.

Another option would be to replace the chicane with straight track, and use that for the start/finish area and construct a pit lane behind it on the inside section of your track.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Beejay - thanks for the tips/suggestions

I was worried about the bridge but want to use the moulded carrera bridge and this is 3 straights long - making it hard to run the other way round unless I use a wider board on the short side of the L which I was hoping to avoid.

The std radius curves onto the straight a for the moment just a money saving attempt as I have those from boxed sets

Like the pitlane idea - do you think the chicane could live on the tight loop by the bridge maybe ?

·
Registered
773 Posts
...nice idea, but after long straights, use bigger curves! No chicanes as they are predestinated places for crashes - and prevent interesting racing - IMHO! No curves behind the overpass when you can't see the braking point!
And don't use the preformed bridge from Carrera - most cars have problems with that track piece - like with the banked curve 1!
Will post an alternative track layout for you later.....

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think it looks fairly good! I'd try to mix in some different curve radii in there to get more of a challenge. I'm with Thomas and always like a big sweping curve after the main straight, to get some nice drifting action
I like the space you've got for the track! Is it going to be permanent with scenery and all? I have no experience with carrera, so I don't know anything about their bridge, but be careful not to design blind spots in the corners, or at the breaking points like the others have pionted out.
Wasn't there a free Carrera track software planner somewhere? I'm tempted to try out their track in the near future... I've seen a very tempting set on their webpage with two 575 Ferraris and a bunch of track, probably too expensive for me though
. Although it's nice to dream...

Oh, just previewed my post and noticed the great plan made by Thomas, very nice indeed!!! Looks great!

Toby

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Thomas

thanks for making me the plan

At the moment I have used standard radius curves to save money as I already have them.

I am gutted to hear that the moulded bridge does not woprk well - I am still waiting for mine so have not had a chance to run it yet.

FZR - that is a chicane not a crossover

I am undecided about full scenery but one track on here especially has been a huge insipration - I will go check its name

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE I've heard about Pitslot.de, but there is no prices on their site!

I have a pricelist at home, i'll bring it in tomorrow so i can post the prices if you like....

Greetings from Switzerland
Zubi

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 23 Aug 2004, 14:40)QUOTE (thomas @ 23 Aug 2004, 12:16) ...for the pitlane - there is a dscriptin - in German
- on my homepage
Do you make and sell these pitlanes?
I've heard about Pitslot.de, but there is no prices on their site!
...no, I won't produce these pitlanes - but you may do it by yourself! You just need some traackpieces, tools and time! If you're looking for the excellent trackpieces from Erwin Auerhammer / Pitslot - they are EXPENSIVE - to much money for my budget!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here some prices from the Pitslot Pricelist:

a pair of points 2-lane, manually switched, for one direction use: 165 Euro
a pair of points 2-lane, manually switched, for both direction use: 178 Euro
a pair of points 2-lane, electrically switched, for one direction use: 216 Euro
a pair of points 2-lane, electrically switched, for both direction use: 281 Euro

these rates do not inclued the original Scalex/Ninco/whatever track pieces which will be use to bild the points; add another approx. 40 Euro for that plus shipping costs...

As Thomas said: not really cheap......

Greetings form Switzerland
Zubi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts