SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am wanting to make some scratch built trackside barriers but i need scalextric /carrera/racing related advertising banners and i am struggling to find them any help would be appreciated

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Lister and Phoeno30, Thanks! for the Brandsoftheworld link and info!!! Spent a couple of hours amassing a huge collection of banner material (barely denting the number available!), passed them through PSP and voila! - more banners than I can ever use!

PS - many of them, printed on clear transparencies, can be used for backlit signs too! Great stuff!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi GBMark,

The fences are as simple as corrorgated cardboard I found in the rubbish bin at work, but I think it is normally used in packaging.

As for the posts, I bought a few lengths of 6mm pine and cut them into 24mm pieces. I glued them to the table first and then the cardboard (fence) on the track side of the posts and then measured the distance from post to post and cut pieces of cardboard to fit, and glued them in last. It looks really effective because it is used all the way round the infield of the track.

Hope this helps.

Martin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts