SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
David Moss
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While enjoying my hour & a half drive home from work, I get to thinking about many stange things, and todays was:

Why doesn't someone produce a 'Games Workshop' style, multi-part, plastic range of trackside figures?

I was contemplating the amount of pit crew & crowd figures I'll need & how much this will cost me. I know that there is quite a selection these days but most aren't really what I'm looking for.
So it stuck me that, as plastic is cheaper than white metal, but most of the plastic figures lack detail, counldn't one of the companys make a plastic set of say 5 legs, bodys, heads and arms that can be glued with polycement positioned in an almost endless arrangement of stances?

If the first set of say spectators went well, then do a set of 5 pit crew or marshals or even a set of retro pit crew, from the 60's?

Obviously, I'm making it sound a lot simpler than it would be to manufacture something like this, but what do you all think? Is it worth approaching a company to try and see if they would be interested? The SRA figures are very nice and they need to be painted. So, I'm guessing that glueing a couple of bodies together would be well within most slot modeller's abilities? Right?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
preisser do an adam kit and an eve kit, seperate arms legs torsos and heads. The eve kit is good for bit babes, but what I found was that despite enough parts for about 7 figures, and various spare posed limbs, this did not offer anywhere near the flexibility and variety I was expecting.

A moulded leg in a certain position only looks right on a torso with a certain pose, a crooked arm seems to only have one angle of attachment where it looks natural, etc etc. You do get some variation, but as I said, less than you would imagine (depending on your imagination of course)

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
I'm thinking of using some of the Tamiya WWII figures. There is a lot of German tank crew who could be used as pit crew.
And the Africa Corps could be converted into campers!

But where do I get the beerbottles for "The Beer Wall"???

The picture is "The Beer Wall" from my Welsh neighbours at the Expo camp.

·
Registered
899 Posts
That beer wall reminds me of any friday night with the bricklayers.( god luv 'em)

pretty right about the figurines though, anyone who has studied the works of
Michaelangelo would struggle to use any 1/32nd scale figures. Now if I were allowed to make nudes, they would all look like this....

Just kidding admins.! Sticking with the "G" rating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts