SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many people, I have loved the Porsche 911 (and derivatives) for a long time, I almost bought a Gulf Liveried 911 Carrera that was going cheap as a rolling chassis, though i would have probably stuck a beetle motor in it!!

However, some time ago I received a couple of Scaley's C125 variants in a job lot, and, like many, as soon as I put them to the track, they bounced along with the front wheels a scale six foot off of the ground! (ok, nearer anactual six foot!!!)

I was not impressed.

Time moves on and whilst off work for a while, I set about finding a way to bring these back to a usable standard

20170519_081033.jpg

This is the 'control car, and will remain untouched for the time being

The obvious issues are that the guide is way too low and the F1 rear wheels have no place on the front of this car

Before-3-w.jpg

The protruding sprues have to go, abd the valances & arches need some mild trimming!

Before-4-w.jpg

On the chassis, the front pan has to go to allow for the guide to be raised, the centre axle trough is part removed also and the new front axle will be tubed & glued.

After-1-w.jpg

My dremel is slightly over heating, but the trim & slim is underway

After-2-w.jpg

After-4-w.jpg

The chassis is trimmed to allow for the guide reposition and any excess plastic removed

After-5-w.jpg

After-6-w.jpg

The initial difference is obvious

After-7-w.jpg

After-8-w.jpg

After-9-w.jpg

After-10-w.jpg

After-11-w.jpg

And finally the weigh in...

20170519_082107.jpg

20170519_082129.jpg

Just over 8 grams, though I do have to put chassis fixings in to the modified version

Further plans are to switch wheels to lighter & better ones, though my initial plan was to see what could be achieved with only scaley parts

I doe however have a brass chassi lurking with an old Mura motor in anglewinder setup!!

Who knows!!!

First off this needs track testing......

Attachments

·
re member
4,097 Posts
I used one of these bodies a few years back when I was experimenting with anglewinder building in 1/32 scale. I still thought a drop arm was necessary and on this it was as I used a Little Ripper motor from Patto and 64 pitch gears...the thing is a beast and will wheel stand if the grip levels are good. Did I mention the silly little front wheels?

P1010329.JPG

P1010330.JPG

P1010331.JPG

P1010332.JPG

P1010333.JPG

Training a dog can take some time.

Attachments

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,734 Posts
I have to say the original looked better, it looks daft without a front valance and humungous front wheel clearance looks like the tyres are missing.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Same for me. The original looks like a 911, the modified looks like a teen racer has found half a million quid bought one and hacked it to poop.

There has to be a better way of making the car run good and still look good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts