SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link is to a Cougar I have recently finished. Someone might be able to tell me what make the body was as it wasn't marked.

Mercury Cougar

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
I would have thought you would have repainted it green with No 41 on it! Moffs car that he raced in the US. Is the body resin or plastic. If resin it could have been one of Scott Smith,s.

Phil

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
If it's plastic, maybe it could be the old Revell one? Possibly. I've got an old static kit somewhere but I think that is Revell too!

Mr.M

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Great job! A very nice job on the paint and detail ( I love the clear colors on the tail lamps) The body is the Revell model version, and the problems you mentioned with the narrowness of the car and wheel wells that are "off" are common. I'm actually 1/2 way through creating a correct Cougar that isn't 2 scale feet too narrow.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Phil,

Not being a TRUE True Blue, I didn't realize Mr Moffat raced one of these. I knew he raced mustangs and even a Cortina in the sixties but not a Cougar.

It's a plastic kit and I suspect it is the Revell version from what you guys say.

I'm going to be looking for an '84 Mustang body soon in plastic or resin. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
103 Posts
See eBay item number 5952260484

It's a snap kit of a 1980 Mustang nothback in 1/32 scale.. The body was very similar although the grill was not exact..

Might be close enough for you?

Other than this kit, I can't think of a 1/32 kit that will be as close to an '84

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend already has the '80 kit and I wasn't too sure how close the body shape was. If I can get away with a grille conversion then it's the kit to have. The next bit is harder. There are virtually NO pictures of Dick Johnson's Mustang on the net. Even his own website has everything but. So, who's got sideshots tucked away at home in a motorsport book of the Dick Johnson Mustang Touring Car 85 or 86 when he was sponsored by Palmer Tube mills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts