SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
I have an Aurora Thunderjet 500 racing set from the late 60s. I also have some race tracks from an AFX racing set that followed the Thunderjet version. I just recently bought an AFX Giant race track set. By the way, I love it! The Aurora Thunderjet 500 set is quite extensive. I also like the 3 mode power of the Giant set. It would be great to merge the sets. I have a question whether any transition tracks are available to connect one set to another. If not any suggestions who may be able to make them. Thank you. Don

· Registered
49 Posts
Hi 3hautman the best i can tell you. at one time they did make a adapter tracks for them in that time of era. but are hard to find now. what you can do is do you know any one with a good band saw use a fine blade teeth , cut track in half. glue the ends together that you need. you will need to solder or make jumper leads for the metal rails to make good contact again. it is not that hard. hope this helps you .

· Registered
307 Posts
You are talking about 3 generation of Aurora track. Aurora Lock & Joiner, AFX Speed-Lok and Tomy/Racemasters. I have never seen an adaptor to go from lock and joiner to Tomy era track.
The Speed-Lok to Tomy adapters are scarce and not cheep.

Lock & Joiner to Speed-Lok adapters are scarce, too.

· Registered
49 Posts
You are talking about 3 generation of Aurora track. Aurora Lock & Joiner, AFX Speed-Lok and Tomy/Racemasters. I have never seen an adaptor to go from lock and joiner to Tomy era track.

Hi he needs a pair of lock and joiner to snap track . then a pair of snap to Tomy track. then he is good. and yes prices are crazy on them. cut in half make you own. adapters .

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi 3hautman the best i can tell you. at one time they did make a adapter tracks for them in that time of era. but are hard to find now. what you can do is do you know any one with a good band saw use a fine blade teeth , cut track in half. glue the ends together that you need. you will need to solder or make jumper leads for the metal rails to make good contact again. it is not that hard. hope this helps you .
Thank you. I will try this approach.

· Rich Dumas
4,570 Posts
Aurora lock and joiner and Speed-Loc track both make the electrical contacts the same way. To join the two types together all you need to do is remove the locking tabs from the Speed-Loc track, butt the sections together and fasten them down. If the track will be a temporary layout you could use the steel spring clips that came with MM banked sections to hold them together. A number of dealers sell reproduction clips.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aurora lock and joiner and Speed-Loc track both make the electrical contacts the same way. To join the two types together all you need to do is remove the locking tabs from the Speed-Loc track, butt the sections together and fasten them down. If the track will be a temporary layout you could use the steel spring clips that came with MM banked sections to hold them together. A number of dealers sell reproduction clips.
Most of my track is aurora lock and joiner and racemaster. I can do what you say to go from lock and joiner and speed-loc but then I need a connector from speed-loc to racemaster. I will try and find someone to help me make my own adapters. Thank you.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank you

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi if you have any problem doing them message me back i am moving from NEW JERSEY TO TEXAS. when i am set up again i will do them for you. i will send pictures of my work. i will happy to help you. that is what racing is all about . helping each other out when we can.
Thank you. I'll let you know how I do.

· Registered
49 Posts
sounds great i know you can do it. you have a lot of great track the people who do have the adapters on ebay or at shows there pricing is way to high. that is what hurts this hobby. .i can see a few bucks more but 80.00 or more for 1 set only . they can keep it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts