SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am travelling to London next week for business. Any good Slot Car / Hobby Shops I should check out while I am there?

Also is the Hornby museum in Kent worth visiting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you are in the area, then the Museum is worth a visit, and there is the bonus of a discount in the shop if you have a Scalextric club card

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The main modelshops are Modelzone shops. Theres one in holborn (Central Line), Westfield in Stratford (Jubilee line and DLR) and at Lakeside (down the A13). There is a model shop, The Engine Shed in Leytonstone (Central Line on the tube). I believe there is another model shop in North London but im not sure where. There is a also a model shop at Roneo Corner (towards Dagenham and Hornchurch, route 5 bus from Canning Town). Other shops for Scalextric are Harrods and Hamleys. They charge average prices and sometimes Hamleys have some scalextric items at reduced prices.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

If you come across any other shops please let me know by pm!!

Matthew

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cant help on London shops, if you find any let us know, a good model shop is hard to come by these days. A trip to Margate is worth the visit if you have not been to the museum before, however can be a 2 hour drive from London.

·
Registered
226 Posts
These might be worth a look.

Janes Trains. 35 London Rd Tooting London SW17 9JR

Hobbystores. 497 Hertford Rd Enfield Middx EN3 5XH

Hobbystores. 39 Parkway London NW1 7PN

·
fred
1,608 Posts
Jennings has been shut down for about a year.

If your in North London, this shop is good. He does NSR, Slot.it, SCX, FLY, Scalextric, Ninco and others, most are on display. He also has a lot of the real old Exin cars, it is a real slot cave. He is not open Wednesdays I think.

Past, present toys
862 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill
London, N21 2RS
020 8364 1370

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
HI Iceman
wouldnt waste your time with hornby museum
not much slot car stuff sad really but if your into trains have a look .
ade.

·
Registered
226 Posts
QUOTE Jennings has been shut down for about a year.

Good spot there honestjudge, as the man once said when wearing a pair of orthopedic shoes for the first time, "I stand currected"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts