SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

A little question... what kind of trees do you use for the scenery. Are there trees on approx. 1/32?

I know only the HO versions. I looked in a few hobby shops around here, and I find no trees that are big enough for the job.

If you guys have info on that, please let me know.

It's not forbidden to post pictures from trees being used on your track!!!

Greetz

G.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Gunther, I have Heki tress on my circuit. They are ok from a distance but do not look particlularly lifelike closer in. Also, they are smaller than 1/32.

I think Woodland Scenics do more realistic and larger scale trees but I havent seen any other than in the pics on dealer websites (GS).

Mark.

PS, got the Marlboro logos laser printed here at work, came out really well

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I have a woodland scenic one:

it is 'olive green F1133 75 cu. in. 1229 co. cm. Fine Leaf Foliage' and came as a kit of the plastic trunk and a box of foliage (though I believe they do ready made trees) The tree only used about half the foliage, and the little bushes.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn I'm jealous of all that nice scenery...

I'm starting the permanent track in september, but I start buying little things like trees en figures... so I won't have to do that all in once...

I just got an adress of some (after hour) dealer who has lots of scenery details here in the neighbourhood, and the prices are very acceptable. I'm gonna look overthere this week.

@GB Mark: Glad u could make the signs propperly. The work on my tower and pitlane are stopped for the moment, I'm just to busy with the 1:1 house we're building. Can't wait for it to be ready...

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi Gunther,

Getslotted have a nice selection of trees. They do mention their height.

I've already seen some very large trees in a hobby shop but they were really expensive.

Luc

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Tropi:

Thanks for the link. When my layout is ready, I might try to make trees like Harry, to fill up the forest. But I want some more detailed trees to put apart along the track.

@ Fast Lucky:

Thanks for the tip! If I don't find them here in Belgium I might order them overseas...

@ Racebaan:

Garard, I know the pictures from your track all to well. Your track (together with Petit Le Mans from Yves) has been an example for me since I started slotracing. You helped me allready a lot with your site and your further advice! I like the scenery of Parkzoom very much: not to crowded and made out of nice materials! I didn't knew the trees were from Heki and Busch. I'll try to order some of those on the new adres of the local dealer.

@ The rest: any more tree pictures?

Thanks

Gunther

·
DT
5,195 Posts
You can never have enough trees.

If you're going to buy trees, be prepared to spend some $$$ as they work out to be quite expensive.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Gunther

Check my post again - I kept adding to it as things occurred to me.

Searching SF will keep you busy for some time!

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you want good value for money, then buy Seafoam trees that are realistic because they are real mini trees!

The individual stems start off in various lengths from 15-30cm, and then you just cut and trim them as required. There are loads in each box and a box measures 38cm x 25cm x 11cm.
Recommended retail is £19.95 for a box, reference GM195

See your local stockist.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody!

The seafoam trees look very good Aaron!

I'll check local stores for those trees...

G.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Gunther,

I've used Architrees for my pine/conifers. He makes millions of trees. Here's one of his ebay offerings, and I've gotten 2 of these lots.

50 Premium HO Conifers by Architrees

That's $25 for 50 trees. I love mine and am buying more as you can never have enough. They've also got great customer service.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ Dreineke:

Do you have pictures of the trees around your track?
They seem very nice... and at very acceptable price!!!

G.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
In the model railroading field you would be looking for G scale trees
Now G scale is kinda funny because its actually several differant scales( I know its confusing) 1/29 1/24 and 1/20 are all considered G scale.The G scale trees will be nice for larger varieties and perhaps O scale for the smaller varieties of trees.
Architrees makes some nice ones.you can make your own and there are several methods all available online at various sites on how to make various trees.
Try www.bragdonent.com for an interesting scenery site.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Gunther,

Sorry I don't have any pics right now...I'll try to get some this week.

As for using HO...the reason I did is that with the size of my table, I didn't want to have to see over 12" tall trees. These fit the bill for me. I'm actually going to keep using the HO ones. I've been adding smaller ones in just as filler. They look good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a few types of trees on my track. The first two pics, the trees are from Life-Like and the third one, I made the trees myself from scouring pads that you would use to clean the dishes with. Very cheap and didn't work out too bad. I guess it comes down to money and what level of detail you are striving for.

But trees and people do ad fine detail to a layout.

Fruit Trees

Assorted Trees

Home made trees

1 - 19 of 19 Posts