SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Another C7005 has turned up on my doorstep with a blown FB1 ....... not only are these becoming very common but the damage is becoming more catastrophic; note the damage to the adjacent diode. As with all of the other similarly damaged C7005s, they are unmodified in any way.

attachicon.gif
Another blown FB1.jpg
These two components are at opposite ends of the circuits to each other - the big rectangular diodes are a full bridge whose job is to maintain the polarity of the signal to the circuitry and the FB is a ferrite bead that helps to protect the circuitry from the vagaries of the motor's EMI
I believe I know whose chip that is..... No, it's not mine but I was told it went in quite a spectacular fashion!

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Wow, just saw your latest 7005 project. I just acquired a few 7005s in need of TLC also. Did that LED even work with the lane changers?

OK, parts ordered. I also ordered some diodes.
Its not my chip, I was transplanting it for a clubmate, but the led was fitted some time ago and the answer is yes, it did work with the Scaley lane changers but after talking to club mates last night, it looks like he just got lucky as other similar leds didnt work.

I just want to say a big thank you to Greg for repairing, refurbishing and turning this chip around so quickly, I owe you one!

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I love a happy banana! This is probably my favourite thread on this Forum, thanks for sharing it with us Greg
thumbsup.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Jeez! What on earth caused that on Rev-H chips?
ohmy.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts