SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Digital Guru
11,267 Posts
Hi
Just looked at that modded F1 chip,it's superb,makes the capacitor look like a gas holding tank

·
Digital Guru
11,267 Posts
Hi

more than likely a duff pole on the motor, just get it to stop at the wrong point and when you take off the next time you release the smoke
mad.gif

Best practice is to test the cars in analogue mode for a while, this shows up the dead spot without damage.

·
Digital Guru
11,267 Posts
Hi

after running ssd for many years with a 20 amp variable volt psu and hosting race days that lasted several hours and completing several thousand laps in the course I never blew one single chip.

I can never fathom out how people can ever inflict the sort of damage that's posted on here.

·
Digital Guru
11,267 Posts
Hi
Yes I've seen a duff motor ruin a chip, just needed the motor to stop on the wrong pole and instant short on start up, best practice is to test in analogue mode before chipping.

My other thing i always did was to run at 13.8v max, that said its excessive amps draw that kills them ultimately.

·
Digital Guru
11,267 Posts
Hi
You get a choice, all mine uprated but no actual performance gain in terms of speed, just the ability to handle hundreds of laps without failure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts