SlotForum banner
341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Does anyone recognise an old-school SP12??

Surprisingly, this one decided to chomp up it's #1 ferrite bead ....... I wonder if this recent rash of them has anything to do with C-19??

Passive circuit component Circuit component Light Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Attachments

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
A couple more to peruse ....

Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Resistor

This is an odd one because the arrowed left leg, is not attached to the solder pad in any way. One can presume that the component was running hot and the car took a hit which resulted in the re-orientation and, hence, the detachment ....

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Electronic engineering

This one is also somewhat strange in that there does not appear to be anything other sign of damage other than the complete absence of the moulded part ....

Both of these chips exhibit damage that, in all probability, is caused by excessive heat. My suspicion is that the motor(s) requires investigating ....

Attachments

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
My favourite chip ....... the C7006 retrofit for a Saloon car ...
smile.png

Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Microcontroller

This is one of the original Rev E C7006s, you can tell because is it fitted with the full compliment of resistors R1-R4; the build quality is beyond compare. The darkened areas around it do not forebode well so I expect to find more damage, particularly to the copper tracks underneath ....

Passive circuit component Circuit component Resistor Hardware programmer Microcontroller

There are two areas of concern. The uppermost red line indicate an incomplete track and the lower one show more missing track and the absence of the pad for attaching the foot of the FET.

These defects can be fixed by using my finest soldering iron tip at just 0.2mm - more to follow ...

Attachments

Reactions: Neillie and longdog

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
6x Rev G C8515s waiting for their diode upgrade whence they will be on a higher spec than the Rev H version ....

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Computer hardware

Attachments

Reactions: longdog and Neillie

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
This chip had previously been repaired with uprated diodes. It didn't last long before it came back to me ..... :(

Upon examination under microscope I checked my previous work and all was well. When I flipped it over the problem was clear ......

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

The onboard ferrite bead marked as FB2 has undergone a metamorphosis. This component is one of the last things in the circuit that leads to the motor which just happened to be an FF50.

Attachments

341 - 346 of 346 Posts