SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am new to this forum but have been reading the forums now for ages just as a unregistered user but thought I better register up as I am now looking to purchase a set for my kids (ages 2,4 and 6 years old) I had one when I was young and had so much fun. Now back to my question. I am looking at the Digital Triple Cup Set which is just the oval track. It comes with the Pit Lane game and also comes with 3 997 Porsche's. Are these cars a good starting point or will I need to get some other ones for them. I notice they don't have any lights or much detail to them, will they last long with the aged kids I have?

Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Those cars are perfect for the little ones

You don't want detail if you are racing it only gets broke

You will probably break the rear wings but the rest should be pretty much bullet proof

And WELCOME to the forum

Michael

·
Registered
235 Posts
I started off with the Digital Triple Cup set and found it to be a great starting point for my current digital setup. I still race my Porsche 997's regularly and have added 3 more since then. I've had some serious deslots with the cars especially when I first started out but haven't broken anything on the cars, not even the rear wings.

I found the set to be an excellent value.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I started with this set too for my lads birthday in 2010, it was the first scalextric I (he) had ever owned and look what happened!

It is a great set, (currently set up in my living room) the Porsches are still intact but you will want to add more track!

·
Circuit Owner
5,919 Posts
Welcome Aiden.

I too started with a triple cup set and still have the 3 cars. Expect to lose the rear wings (or just take them off from the start so the kids won't be disappointed when they break)

You will probably want another car, chip and controller as you have a 4 car base - why let them have all the fun when you can join in too? Another 997 will make it fair - they come in a number of plain colours in the super resistant guise.

Here's a tip that might help keep everything running smoothly - get some Inox MX3 lubricant (it's from Oz so you should be able to get hold of it). Used very sparingly on track and braids it keeps everything rust free and improves conductivity massively.

Also - if you are handy - take the bodies off the cars, pop the rear axles out and dab some superglue (CA glue) where the axle goes through the big sidewinder gear. Don;t try this with the axle in place because you will weld the axle to the nylon bush!

This is a modification I have had to make to super resistant cars that get used by kids because they don't come off the throttle in a crash and try to push through it - this can make the axle break free of the gear and you get a spinning motor and gear but no forward motion. This has happened to 3 of my 6 cars and has not happened since I glued them.

You will undoubtedly want more track and cars over time - that's birthdays sorted out for the next couple of years then!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts