SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Here is a set I got recently. It is a Troby set from France made in 1966. It is called 1,000 Miles . I believe this was the 1st set they made. It has 2 1/32nd scale Lotus 18s in it. It uses the same controllers as the HO set they made. While not in mint shape the set does not come up very often and did have an instruction sheet and decals. I believe both cars could run in the same lane.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
That is an interesting one Bernard, but no idea if it was their first set... and instructions in both French and German. There was a connection and later Troby cars used Buehler motors; plus, I think they were based in eastern France, not far from the border.

They later did a lane-changing set, but don't think this is it! It would have offset pickups.

Don

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Don. You can see there is only 1 track with a lane changer so both cars would be in the same lane for a period. There is are 2 small buttons on that piece of track which I think control when the lanes are changed. That's why the instructions show different positions for the contacts under the car ? The date the set was made comes from the top of the instructions and it makes sense. The Lotus 18 was an early car and this compared to the other cars Troby made was more primitive.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Ah, see what you mean Bernard. I didn't see any diodes, do dismissed the possibility, but didn't see the twin rails on either side of the slot, like the Wrenn setup. The Lotus I just picked up didn't have the offset pickups, so they probably did several versions.

Troby was surprisingly modern!

Don

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Bernard , I just looked at your Troby set . The motor looks like Swiss movement in a watch ! Weird setup!

I have been watching some Troby cars on eBay , and many have the German Buhler motors onboard . The Buhler motors are very smooth , but quite low revving, apart from the red Buhler motor . I have a few and they need around 13.8 volts to kick along . Much like the Carrera motors , which require more voltage . Zig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts