SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up that the place I used to use for trophies has closed (the owner, a lovely bloke who would help anyone and raised tens of thousands of pounds for charities, is very ill) and that give me a headache for next season. Thanks to the fact my parents spent loads with him during their golf club days, and the aformentioned nice guy factor, I got very good prices.

The hit for this Sunday, using a new place, was a bit of a shock, but ringing around their prices were pretty much the going rate. I will follow through on my promise to provide small trophies for all our champions to keep (they get large ones for one year that they hand back), and also ones for the minor winners, but for the following season I will have to have a hard look at what I do.

If anyone out there would like to be EAHORC's award officer, PM me and we can chew over budgets. You might be able to source trophies cheaply or have the time to look at the problem. I am thinking beyond the usual suspects, so if you have been looking at what goes on to make the national scene tick and want to help out, this could be the way...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Victor Trophies is now under new management, so I will check them out on Thursday.

if anyone is still looking into alternatives, please continue to do so...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The new managers seem fine, and there is continuity in that the assistant from before is still there.

If the prices hold then I will carry on with them, but that has yet to be established.

Sadly the guy in question is terminal, so if the EAHORC Cup gets changed to the John Brown Cup, you will know why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts