SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Last night I went to my fav. Slotshop and bought me a Fly GB-Track Racing Truck... I took the MAN from Alain Ferte. I think it's a real thing of beauty! It's very neatly done and it has lots of nice details.

But now... the racing... The salesman warned me and what he said is true... The trucks don't take short corners very well, the keep deslotting.

Have you have any ideas to solve this (apart from putting no short corners in the track). Or have you any tuning tips in general? Please let me know!

I thought maybe I could take the magnet out, and put it in front, just after the front wheels... Maybe I'll test this tonight...

Any others tips are very welcome!!!

Some piccies of the MAN:

My biggest and my smallest car:

Slotgreetz

Gunther

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I tried to put the magnet in front... the magnet of the truck fits perfectly under the guide... so it doesn't deslot that easily... but now the rear wheels lack tracktion on the track...

Maybe some lead would do something?

G.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Nuro: Once my truck runs propperly I'll write a review for Slotforum about it I you want me to...

I haven't found much testing time lately (I'm co-organising a trip for Old-Timers next week...) but I think the truck has to much traction with the original magnet on my Ninco track... Trucks need to drift...

With the orginal magnet mounted up-front under the guide... the truck drives like it should on 90% ot the track: It screams and drifts around long corners (very nice to see and to drive)... but it just gives burn-outs aroud hairpins...

We have a race-night tonight... so maybe I'll test some more setups...

G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.