SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Hi all, I have a MAN, and with only little tuning it runs very well and don't come off the slot easily
This is what I have made :
motor taped to the chassis; front tyres substituted with smaller Ninco fronts ( they have to touch a little the track ); well sanded inside rears ( they don't have to touch the track) and also the outside rears sanded and rounded a little; I have also changed the spring of the guide with a softer one from Ninco; I have changed the rear axle, gear and bushes ( glued ) with Slot It ones ( a 27 black crown gear, sanded on the angle because the space available is poor ), and without adding weight or more magnets. I have noticed that the quality of the front tyres has to be carefully matched with the track : we run on Ninco and all the above is good for me on this track, but on other tracks you have to try the height and hardness of the fronts: this has great effects when turning, mantaining the guide into the slot.
Ciao

· Registered
391 Posts
After a month of truck racing, I can say that the most important trick is lowering the front end; use smaller front tyres and a softer spring on the guide, remove or sand the inner rears and your truck will be much more stable, also without using tune-up parts.
Yes, on fast hairpins it will eventually come off the slot, but this is the ( fun? ) part of the game; sometimes it will rock and tilt, as the real thing, when pushed hard, but without losing the slot, and this is what I like
!
Ciao

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.