SlotForum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,255 Posts
The project is almost finished, the chassis is doing some braking in on my roller-track.
I can't wait to test it thursday.
I'll post some pics of this rather simple rebuild, if you would like some ?

· Registered
1,255 Posts
I'll get back with pics when this week is over.
Its first run on our 1:24 Nascar series tomorrow, so the evening has to be spend with equal amount of girlfriend and setup of Nasty Nascar.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Ok here is what I have found with my trucks. First thing straight out of the box file down the raised spot where the base screws into. What happens is this piece bottoms the truck out and can deslot the truck. The other thing I do is add weight right out the front axle. I use the self sticking type wheel weights. On some trucks you can lower the front axle by making the hole the axle goes in a slot. This works better on some trucks and not others. On the Sisu it is great and you can get pretty low. I actually went so low that I had to grind a lot of plastic off the chassis but the truck flies. Doesn't work so well with the Merc's because of the wheel well openings but you can do a little. But the best truck so far is the Buggyra. This truck flies right out of the box and the detail is super. The side panels even come off to reveal even more details. Hope this helps.

· Registered
270 Posts
I've got the Buggyra which I took the manget out of, added some weight and some Indy's. I run the stock tires on the inside. I did cut away a bit of the sidewall and superglued the tires together and then to the rims. I took the spring out of the guide and made it sit a bit lower in the front. It is a beast and a shedload of fun to drive. Of course there's all that mass approaching a corner.

Mark

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.