SlotForum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
beejay: I would forget the superbird body.It is just too high and narrow for a light weight chassis,how about the new DTM kits?

The only trailing guides are made by Sakatu and Slot It.I think both are retained by screws in the top of the post. Jet frags are all leading guides. The advantage of the trailing guide is that you get a longer guide lenght on some bodies.
Phil

·
Alan Tadd
4,038 Posts
Thanks Guys

I'm off to Hong Kong for a couple of weeks so I hope I can pick up a suitable body from there, who knows some exotic racing machinery.

The Superbird was a little speculative, as I was toying with the idea of an updated X-Frame as I used to build these in the 60's/70's, but that was with Betta bodies which were 2.5" wide, so I guess the Carrera ones are more scale therefore narrower. Ah Well back to the drawing Board.

Once again appreciate all your help and look forward to the Race Series.

Regards

Alan

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sean has every thing exept the pc board for the chassis this is from maplin ,I have pased this chassis on to Mark Brandwood (Alfa)who has set it up with his own running gear and a much faster motor He will be entering it in this years world proxy ,so it will get a good testing

·
Registered
458 Posts
how much did the whole thing cost to build? what parts did you use? to give me an idea of how fast it goes , how quick was it compared to a scaley lola

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ian I have been racing and collecting for over 40 yrs so I have a huge amount of spare parts ,what I tend to do for these projects is draw on my own stock so some times its difficult to price a project I just tend to build and what come out comes out , Its best to price from pendles site then you get a better idea of cost.
You cant compare a car like this to a scaley Lola for one thing the Lola is a magnet sports car and this is a non magnet salloon . The calibre ran round my test track ,(a 50 ft carrera with two 12 ft straights ) in 4.8 secs consistantly, My best time with a magnet car on this track is 3.23 sec so you see there is a big difference ,I dont want to start the mag vs non mag debate off again , but racing a non mag set up against a mag set up is a non starter ,the magnet car is more than likely going to win on a track like mine.
Getting back to your pricing question it is often possible to pick up donor cars from car boot or charity shops cheaply to use for scaratch build projects. perhaps this might help bring down he cost of your projects

21 - 29 of 29 Posts