SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People.

Our club is on the move again

The community centre that we have been in for the past eight or so months is closing down, the centre is government funded & they have pulled the plug on the funding.

However every cloud has a silver lining as they say. At the old site the track was in a shared room so it had to be put away after every meeting
. The new site has given us the full room, with only us using it & this meant we could have a permanent set up

We have moved to a spare room above a pub & with a minimum of a five year lease for us, so happy days.

Our new address is: Spital House, 62-64 Hunters Rd, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 4NA.

We will be having a open night this Wednesday, then back to the planned calender for Monday 6th.

A few pictures of the new track, all that is left to do is the pit building & Martin with a Y is cracking on with that this week.

A big thanks to the members that donated extra funds, we managed to complete the build without using to much of the clubs kitty.

Cheers
Paul.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
very nice looking track and excellent looking club room.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ade,

The room is still a bit bare, we need to source some posters etc to make it a better man cave.

Cheers
Paul.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Members can have a drink whilst they are in the club, maybe I need to buy a breathalyser

The pub is located in a major student area, we are in talks about holding some kind of student night incorporating the slot car track. We just need to iron out a few issues, I don't want drunk students damaging the track

Cheers
Paul.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys.

After last weeks opening night we noticed a few of the faster cars were missing laps on the PC, timing was done via micro switches. So we have fitting a light bridge today, I don't know why we did do it earlier as it cost very little.

Everything is running spot on now.

Ive also fitted some new throttle holders

Cheers
Paul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts