Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Beejay's thread a while back about what we were building made me take some photo's of the project that came after my two F-1 cars for the proxy race. I have a few of Victor Ferguson's immaculate 1/32 vacforms and decided to make something a little radical, with magnet traction, for hometrack use.

The chassis looks like this:

Motive Power is a Slot.it 29K - originally I tried to use a Falcon, but that was way too much power for the weight! I don't have a picture of the underside yet, but there's a TSRF bar magnet nestled underneath between the motor and the gear. Tires are Indygrips on Slot.it rims at the rear.

The body so far looks like this:

I got the green a little wrong and I still need to make some decals for it, but the overall impression is fairly good, and best of all it goes well.

Enjoy.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Brilliant, Dennis! You can only get an inline under those LMP bodies. Any chance of a picture of the underside of the chassis, please?

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Some pretty fancy pipe-bending there Gascar! REALLY nice work- crafty design too. Must try some more spaced-out stuff like this....

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Very slick, Dennis! Some nice wire-bending for sure!

One great thing about scratchbuilding.... there's always a slightly different way to build a chassis. Nice work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts