Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr. P

There was a recent discussion on all the different motors (faster and faster) that the different companies are coming up with. You've got one motor for 1/32 and one for 1/24.

What kind of statement are you making here and what would you describe as the differences/specs for these two inductees to your motor stable?

P.S. It is good to hear that you are on the mend. I wish you well. (As if he will even get this message.

-Maltese

·
Registered
398 Posts
The TSRF motors are a slightly modified from a stock Falcon motor that he specifies but are the same basic motor for both 1/32nd scale and 1/24th scale. The difference in the cars as they come is the gearing is different between the 1/32nd and the 1/24th scale. As of course are the size wheels and tires used on the two different scales.

When Mr p is able he will give you more details on the differences in the two chassis.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonderful, wonderful! You're a good man.

Is there a link I can be pointed to for gearing recommendations? I searched this site for 1/24 gearing and did not find meaningful results.

I will not be a bother any more after that.

Thanks VERY much.

-Maltese

·
Registered
398 Posts
No bother;
The TSRF cars have a fixed distance between the axle shaft and the motor shaft ,so if you make a gearing change you have to change both gears to get a good match up.

I believe the 1/24th TSRF cars come with a 48t spur gear and a 11t pinion.

The 132nd TSRF cars come with a 45t spur with a 14 tooth pinion.

And of course they both use different diameter wheels and tires so that will affect the final ratio.

You can go to the TSRF site and check out info on changing ratios there I believe.

TSRF home pages

1 - 5 of 5 Posts