SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Jon Grainger
3,547 Posts
Evening guys,

I've just been to watch the film TT3D Close To The Edge, and I must just say it is right up there in the best motorracing films, on a par at least with 'Le Mans'

The story follows Guy Martin, the modern day 'nearly man' of the TT, and came close in the 2010 event, nearly winning the prized Senior TT.

Although I know Hutchy won all of the races featured in the film, the tension and adrenine was pumping all the way through, and the feet were wagging in that Christian Horner style! It really felt like you were on the bike itself, and following the race through, was just brilliant!

I'm still realling from the excitement, and will need sometime to calm down after it. It is my intention to go to TT week, it was this year, but alas it won't be happening. Maybe 2012? One day, I would love to race there, all because of this film.

3d was new for me, and I liked it; the bikes were coming really at you, and made them come alive.

Check out the trailer Here

This is a must see it you can (it's nearly finished showing I think), or get it on DVD when it comes out,
Regards
Jon

·
Registered
964 Posts
Can only endorse your comments. This film was incredibly vivid, with more drama than most fiction despite being for real. De Aragues did an amazing job of moulding what must have been a lot of footage into a coherent narrative. It certainly made me want to go to IoM TT, though as a slow motorcyclist, unlike ferrarif40, if I went round the course it would be for a bimble not a race.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.