SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pleased to hear that we should be getting a good turn out on Tuesday, I've had an e-mail from Marc suggesting that there will be quite a few of the lads

from some of the other clubs coming along, it's always nice to have a full house, and 6 lane racing, thanks chaps,

Don't forget every one is welcome, there will be a couple of small prizes up for grabs too, refreshments will also be available, drinks, chocs, etc

Hey Chinese...............................We've even managed to get the loo working!!!! :blink

See you at Finchley

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooops

I forgot to mention we will be running Ninco GT cars, Slot-it running gear is permitted, we tend to use NC5 motors, but we're not too fussed if you want to

use NC6, or Boxer 2's etc..

But please, no silicons/Ortmanns or the like

Ta

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I reckon that the rules are about right me old Chinese, but if anything crops up that needs looking at I'm sure we can amend them before racing gets under way proper,

Once again any suggestions or thoughts about the rules are most welcome, we have tried to keep them as simple as possible to make them easy to follow

and hopefully encourage fair and even racing

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only other thing that seems to be missing is mention of the motors that can be used..... last year we were allowing up to NC5's in all

classes, except for SCX rally which we run as standard, but I guess the faster RX motors will probably be allowed this year

the other one was Super GT, where Boxer 2's, NC6's and the various small can motors were allowed, I reckon for the time being we'll stick to this, but as I

said before if anyone has some other ideas that might help in making the racing as fair and even as possible whilst having

as many different cars on the grid feel free to let your thoughts be known

·
Registered
439 Posts
Guys,

A great night,s racing

Only the second club track i have "driven" on, it sure was different to Burnt Oak. I definately will be coming back. I dont have the good fortune to be able to race every week but am slowly working on it. I hope to work out between burnt oak which classes i will run along with which cars i have.

That 16.5 second lap record certainly took a pounding. I guess the Boxer2 motors helped although i believe that one of you ended up with it at the end of the night

Please for you to decide which classes you are going to run as soon as possible so that i can plan accordingly.

Just my thoughts but how about:

Super GT.........Ninco,s modified with slot it parts aloowing slot it motors
Rally .......2wd or 4wd
Touring cars....... modified as above
Single make such as Ninco Megane..... Ninco parts only?
Slot it group c standard

Thanks for a great night

Dave....... not too sure about the Damon bit.......... DrH would be better

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got the results of the race for you here

EMC please have a look at your signature in your control panel settings, theres a lot of space being wasted in this thread from the large blank space in your post.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Chinese.
Cheers for the results

I have had some sort of problem with my key board which probably caused the gap.
I do not have a signature on my profile

Mods
Any way that the gap can be removed?

Dave

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Yes - thanks for a good nights racing lads.

A bit much for my wife to let me do your club as well as the other two I visit every week - so probably won't see you again until the Champions League! (Get those Ninco Lexus cars painted Nobby!!!)

I should think the lap times will get into the 13s once you've done a few more weeks and discovered the ultimate set-ups. Took me a while to get used to the low grip of Sports track again after so long - but by the end of the evening, a lot of rubber was down and grip came right up.

I should think you'll see Mr Hearne quite a bit - he wants to win the Champ League this year and will be out to make sure he gets loads of "away" practice before we start.

Keep us posted how the track/club is progressing. Looking forward to watching from the overhead gantry and getting a few pics from up there.

Thanks again

Abbo

·
Registered
209 Posts
It was great to see some of the Burnt Oak lads on Tuesday, it seems that you enjoyed the challenge of a new circuit

I must say that there were some stellar performances out there, the racing was excellent and I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the track

it's also nice to hear that you will be coming back for more, except for Abbo (I reckon you should dump the
no no no no... what was I going to

say....

next week we will be racing Ninco 4 wheel drive rally cars, this time we will limit the cars to NC5's, I don't think we could stand another thrashing at the

hands of those (any excuse will do) Boxer 2's... The straight line speed is amazing compared to the NC5's, we were totally blown away, and guess what?

yes, we will be discussing using Boxer 2's in our GT class.....

although I do think that Abbo's idea of using the Boxer 2's only in GT and above really makes sense, it saves money and the racing is just as good

also I must mention that the grip level was a bit down early on, this was primarily due to the changing of all the fluorescent tubes above the track which

caused loads of dust, but as Abbo pointed out by the end of the evening the grip level came right up, it just goes to show that a 'bit of rubber' on Scalex

Sport and it's right up there with them, mind you cleaning the track with lighter fluid and a quick rub over with WD40 really helps too

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was nice to hear that Paul will be coming along to our club regularly (even though he is so darn quick) and that Dave (EMC) will be coming when he gets

the opportunity, and hopefully Diddy too, (come on Abbo you know you want to) after all the effort that has been put in by our members it's great to hear

that people enjoyed that track and will be coming back for more

Don't forget we are always on the look out for new members/racers everyone is welcome,

and the bonus is that, this is the only permanently set up Scalextric track in London, which means there is no pulling out, setting up and putting away every

week, just turn up and race, everthing is there ready for you to have a great time and some great competition.....

what are you waiting for????
it's grrrrrrrreat

·
Registered
439 Posts
With Burnt Oak closing for a summer break later in the month i hope to come along again for another night

Have you decided upon any further classes to race

The web site does not give any indication

Looking forward to another race night

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts