SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Giacomo
667 Posts
It depends also on what track you run.
In wooden ones the difference of a good tuning is more evident and it is a great satisfaction to feel the improvements.
I love slot.it cars because they are easy to tune and give already an excellent base to start with top of the line components. When I had my plastic track none could beat the NSR Moslers but now I have not been able yet to reach a good tuning on the wooden track...
Still I love to run all other brands, each has it's own character and the beauty is to reach the best out of each one.
I've experimented quite a lot with quality spares but some time the original would perform better, it happens rarely but so it is.
If you look only for the components I believe any of the aftermarket brand has top quality.
Cheers,
JamieG

·
Giacomo
667 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 26 Sep 2011, 06:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, the guide makes very little difference to slotcar racing. It's a bit like saying your sender unit aerial is primarily what your radio controlled car relies upon to race well. Once you get into slotcar racing you'll realise this.

I find that on wood a semi-deep guide is much better than other std guides. I do not particularly like the scaley sport guides even on plastic, not easy to set the correct clearance of the guide itself with the rest of the body/front wheels.

Cheers,
JamieG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts