SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Nimrod444, I had access to a lovely 908/3 body.
I of course promptly started messing with it, and made a representation of a Joest 908-03 turbo.

While it came out well enough, I printed it flat on the plate and it has convinced me to go back to printing nose or tail down. It will make a nice running car (the RTR one is pretty spendy for my budget) as the standard SW will fit underneath. It's certainly not accurate, and my CAD skills are lesser.....but better than my plasticard/putty skills.

Thank you for looking.

· Registered
17,176 Posts
Another fascinating shell from the busy 3DP world, and another worthy addition to your sports-racing paddock, Chappyman. Looking forward to seeing it finished, as usual. Marvellous. I'll try and dig out a pic of the 1:1 later today.

· Registered
3,618 Posts
Nice print Chappy! I have some Nsr 908/3 but so far I have seen none with the air scoop like that.

Look forward to se how it evolves.

Cheers

Ps. On the other hand I have also some Fly, will check later if those have the air scoop.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking at it more, I just had to make some changes. I added the rear wheel covers, and improved the scoop somewhat. Still struggling with the cockpit surround, but the new version will be printed by tomorrow night.

· Registered
277 Posts
Interesting project! I'm a big fan of these old Porsche racecars and the 908 has always been in the shade of the famous 917.
One comment. Maybe you could add the rear wheel covers and the opening in the front hood which have been integrated in the car shell similar to the Falcon model and which are correct for most of these Turbos. The Falcon version is too tall and somehow wrong in the proportions.
Best regards
Thomas

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I added some rear wheel covers, and tried for a featherweight print. Just to dispel the myth, you can indeed print a very light weight body:

However, there are places you can see through it and I don't suspect it will last long.

So I made some tweaks to these settings, and tomorrow will reveal if the increment of change was adequate.

And yes, I am still struggling with the cockpit surround.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a couple photos of the finished car after reprint, paint etc.
The cockpit surround still wasn't right but it was close enough for me.
Tire Hood Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I added a suspension piece between the wheel covers.
Furniture Table Wood Wood stain Publication

The chassis uses a Slot.it pod and hot glue to support the sides.

Gas Space Machine Composite material Engineering

It's a fantasy livery. Better than I feared, but won't do silver like this again.
Motor vehicle Engineering Wood Musical instrument Auto part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.