SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
WOW !

I LIKE THESE CARS...

We are talking Scalextric Argos Set TVR T400Rs

With magnet they are another great looking, fast and finished Release (I can't wait for the Sport Liveries now either).

BUT !

Without magnet, for Scalextric they are incredible
.. Still too slippery on Sport but I am sure that new tyres and weight will fix that easily.

I put this improvement down to a front mount motor and the new guide as it is obvious when you first drive it that the guide is working with the car now. I have even left the guidespring in (apart from the fact I haven't figured how to remove it yet
) because it helps the car recover instead of flipping it round and out like the old one did.

More later because I am out of time and want to try it more tonight on Classic track and with a little weight on Both Systems.

However even at this stage I want to thank Scalextric BIG TIME, for listening to their supporters and coming up with some real changes instead of just cosmetic.

Oh yes..Bighead - Mr 'Pete' Blobby is gone too

In fact I have only one gripe ( so far
)....

Ok..you now have front and rear lights...

Where's the exhaust flames!!
No..you can't win ehh?

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
I predict 'TVR heaven' will be experienced in many households when these are available generally.

Ran them on routed track and while not bad I needed to open up the wheel arches and remove the middle two screws so the chassis could flex a bit. Still juddered a bit under hard acceleration and not up to speed of Panoz (low and wide so suite routed) but I will try and make them competitive. I think lower profile proslot tyres on rear, reduce diam of front with a bit of varnish on them and then some well placed weight will ensure they take the fight to the other racers.

Tuck

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree on the proslot rears Tucker, I think they will be better than the Ortmanns I will try tonight. I will also let you know how the weight experiments go on Classic and Sport over the weekend.

Thanks alot matey, you did me a great turn there...

(haha! Wankel hates the clapping Icon)

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 26 Sep 2003, 03:36 PM)I have even left the guidespring in (apart from the fact I haven't figured how to remove it yet
) because it helps the car recover instead of flipping it round and out like the old one did.
Eh?

I thought Adrian Norman had said that there was no guide spring now?

I thought instead it relied on the wiring like most other makes?

Glad to hear it runs well without a magnet though and I whole heartedly thank Scalextric for listening too.

Cheers,

slik.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE I thought Adrian Norman had said that there was no guide spring now?

That explains why I can't find out how to remove it then!

My excuse for being this weeks Mr Dopey is I was rushed.

The thing sure does spring back though.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm..Interesting..anyone know where I can find some 1:1 measurement data on the T400Rs then? does not matter much really but would be interesting to find out.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Real cars tend to be longer and thinner than you think, mainly as you never really see them from the angles and perspective you look at model ones from. I have read before that model makers usually fatten them up a bit to look right.

With all the fuss about Vanquish etc, I guess makers just can't win.

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
My guess is that dimensionally this one will be very close to spot on. I think Hornby have been working on getting that right for a while now.

I also think I have to get me one of these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts