SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi guys,

Some time ago I came across a handy tool that looked sort of like a pair of wide tweezers, and it's purpose is to grip the white DPRplug from the narrow side, so you can pull it out of the chip or the cover easier.

I saw this on a UK based slotcar internet shop, but I can't find it anymore, Google didn't give any results either.
It was baremetallic and it had Scalextric die stamped on the side. I think it cost a few quid. (Maybe this can be had cheaper when bought as a general electronics piece of tooling, at a shop like Maplins or Conrad, but the thing is I don't know the exact word for what it's called, so a search there didn't turn up anything either...)

So does anybody of the usuals suspects
A ) know what I'm talking about, and
B ) Have a linkylink where I can buy it?

Thanks guys!

Martin

PS. I know how to use serrated needlenose pliers on them (that's how I do it) but for my son I'd like him to use a little more sophisticated type of machinery, just to avoid the possible slip of the pliers, and ripping the wires off...

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
it may be that the little tool you get in the fuse box of cars to pull the blade fuses out might work.???

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'll try to get one and see how that works!

edit: I looked for a picture on Google, and found that it will work when the plug is in the chip, but when the plug is in the black car bottom cover (analog) you will not be able to grip the plug, since the fusepuller needs access to the wide sides of the plug...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! I finally found it again:

These can be found at LDdiscounts.co.uk and there are several ebay vendors offering it as well.

Search for: hornby or scalextric dcc plug extractor x6468
Hornby originally intended it for use on their modeltrains, but I bet it'll do nicely for us digitalslotnerds as well!

Laterrrr,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts