SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here`s a nice pair of E-Types.
The red one is an original 1971/72 c34.
The green one is a 1990s re-issue from Matchbox SCX.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
That's funny, I was just about to post pix of this, which looks like your green one Kev.

A neighbour of my parents gave it to me at the weekend. He found a box of cars in his loft from ages ago, heard I was interested in slot cars, and asked if I wanted it. I assumed it was an SCX vintage release from the 90's although I know there's a similar green SCX one that's much older.
Are these worth much? I guessed about £25, in which case I'll drop him round a bottle of something nice for it.

PS Kev, the backdrop in your second picture looks amazing, very realistic.

Cheers,
Richard

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Cheers Richard-it`s the blue bin that does it!
Yeah that`s a Matchbox SCX re-issue.
Although not as collectable as the old c34 they do fetch good money.Worth a lot more than £25, even unboxed. They were a limited edition of 8000.
Apart from the running gear & being made in China, the only real difference is the "mouth" appears wider & it has larger wheels.
Get your neighbour a nice bottle!
Cheers,
Kev

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Nice photo Ember, it really suits your track.
I'm looking forward to the new Revell E types, they look lovely, especially the red/blue twin set.
Cheers,
Richard

Image from Pendles:

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice indeed Richard! Always get a good pic off Ember!
Me dad bought me this Revel E-Type the day before he died...if I`d have known he was going to croak I would have also asked for the silver one!

The 1/40 scale Jouef/Champion Playcraft E-Types were gorgeous & excellent boxed examples fetch big money now.
The white hard top one is ultra rare.
Cheers.
Kev

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
It's just dawned on me that the racing numbers on those Revell jags represent 50 years old, and 1961, the launch year.

And tucked away in a box and on the (longish) list of cars to re-photograph...

Cheers,
Richard

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
QUOTE Although not as collectable as the old c34 they do fetch good money.Worth a lot more than £25, even unboxed. They were a limited edition of 8000.
Apart from the running gear & being made in China, the only real difference is the "mouth" appears wider & it has larger wheels.

£25 for an unboxed Matchbox SCX E type would be a good price, they sell for about £40 mint boxed.

This car is exactly the same moulding (apart from the lettering on the underpan) as the red C34 that Kevin has shown which is a UK version of the original Exin car and uses the yellow wheels from the C20 Dart (the Exin original uses the same wire wheels as you can see on the Matchbox reissued car)
Other differences between the UK and Spanish car are a cut down guide for use with the softer UK braids, a UK version RX motor, different number roundels and UK registration plates.
The UK car was sold in Red, Green and White and the Spanish Exin car in the same but also Light Blue and Light Red (rare and rarer)

Here is a normal red Exin Scalextric car, this one is even 'race tuned'

note the different Spanish roundels and registration plate

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
I didn't want to wait for Revellogram to "get it right"... so I did it myself.

Greenman62

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great article & superb photos Doug.
Really does show off how nice those Revell cars are.
Cheers,
Kev.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts