SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I bought these recently...

I am hoping this will sit nicely with the little Fiat 500s, it is just a little sad (
) and looks like alot of fun ( ARII )..

Then comes this from ARII...

I already have the 'Initial D' version so wanted to compare, plus the detail on this is higher. However... this one is smaller than the 'Initial D' so some looking at scale is in order I think - more later..

Decal sets in for ProSlot cars on my project shelf... ( excuse the quality of the pics - they are pics of pics of pics!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Swiss...

Would you be so kind to remind me where the decal sets for the Modena's were purchased? I have a red "street version" just crying out for some decals now that the new Slot-It brass pinion has been swapped in!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The decals are made by DMC, I have seen their website I think, but I can't find it after a brief surf - sorry.

I bought them from one of the best German Sites..

Schmidbauer

Go to 'produktübersicht' then '1/32 decals'

I am sure they are available elsewhere though.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Swiss, you got one of the ARII Scoobies! You can really see the Impreza parentage there, can't you? If you turn away from the monitor, anyway

But you've worried me about scale again on the other car.

Erm... any chance of a piccie, even just the body, against little Fiat or old Mini.

Did it come from Hobbylink Japan or is there some where else you know of. I don't remember seeing a race? livery one. And do you know if these things are current issues or just old stock somewhere?

Cheers, Mr.M

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got them on Ebay, but would like a link to the site you mention please.

I am not sure what to line them up agaisnt that will mean much to be honest.

I have an MG Metro but not sure Scaley were on the ball scalewise then.

As for the RX7s I will post side by side pics with the kits and what do you want to see them sitting next too for comparison.

Wait till I get a Fiat from P.R.S and I will do a comp' pic then for the Scoobie Ok?

unless someone has ideas for meaningful comparison pics?

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Metro would be good enough, Swiss. Just needs to be something fairly small to compare with. What Fiats you gonna get from PRS? For that matter, who are PRS?

Have you not got any Reprotec Abarths. Great fun in a little package! I think Gom did/do a Fiat 500, but I think its a bit large.

www.hlj.com is well worth a visit if yow're into unusual 1/32 kits. From several different girder fork vans and pickups right through to lorries and buses. Loads of Japanese cars from 50s thru to 90s most of which were never sold in Europe like your Subaru 360. I seem to remember the site is run by an American living in Japan, so it's in English. I got the link from Mark Gussin's excellent site. I think!!

Cheers Mr.M

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
QUOTE What Fiats you gonna get from PRS? For that matter, who are PRS?

Hi Mr. M.

I think Swiss is referring to these:

Fiat Abarth 500 (P.R.S) Red

They come in either kit form or ready to run. Be warned though they aren't cheap (€75 for kit & €112.00 RTR).

By golly they look IMHO fantastic little cars, I really want to purchase a couple (currently high on my wish-list).

They also offer other makes, such as McLaren F1's, Opels, Porsches and Ferrari's but looking at the seller - currently all sold out.

Its a shame because those McLaren's also look nice (Ninco F1's), no price though.

It would be great to see other retaillers offer these cars

I don't know the history of the manufacturer, i'm sure Swiss or another reader will be able to inform you further

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Aaaah! That P.R.S.! They were the company who reliveried Ninco cars, were they not? Thanks for the pics Jamie. Unfortunately, yet again, it is hard to judge the size of these from the great pics. I could be very wrong, but they do look very much like the Gom ones, which I have seen in the resin, and to my mind are much too big when you consider that they dwarf the 600, a car which , in real life, is bigger.

Also the price would be a serious setback for me. What's that I hear you cry? "Cheapskate"? "Tightwad"? Well I would rather have 4/5 Carreras or SCX to race the hell out of than one resin beauty for the occasional "demonstration" run. What's the old saying? " Never mind the quality, see how many slot cars I've got in my carrier bag". Or something.

Cheers Mr.M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts