SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about that- hit the wrong button again.
OK- Here's one. Identify the car from this unusual angle and win a pound and a half of broken biscuits.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...nope, not a King Cobra - more like a McLaren Elca - but these flaps...

Anyway - nice chassis! Soldered by yourself Howmet? If so, then

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok JP. you win.
Crumbs. I'm impressed.
If you really want the biscuits, I'll be faxing them shortly.
Didn't turn out to be much of a competition in the end though, did it? Something harder next time.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the answer is...

Any the wiser? Tell you what, fill in the missing race numbers and win a holiday for two in your own home.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Here are your numbers installed for you. And you can keep the kids for us on Our holiday at home thank you.

Nice car and chassis TX. I like iso chassis as long as the center section does not drop down too far though

·
Registered
398 Posts
Darn; thought that had to be the right number, it's my favorite #.

About five minutes with Paint Shop Pro and the drawing brush.

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
G'day
Thats a loverly bit of kit you have there, TX.

Any chance of a top of chassis shot as well, better still what about a write up on the car !
Cheers, Lenny

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Very nice car, Howmet. Looks just like this #55 Shelby King Cobra that was Jerry Titus drove at Riverside in 1967:-

Is that a vacuum-formed body? Lancer? The chassis looks really nice too; love to see a top-view.

Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aaah Russell! You are the moral winner of the broken biscuits, but I already faxed them to John P, and he's probably repaired them by now. Yup, that's the car, and it's a Patto body, plus a little resin here and there. I've been trying to get my daughter to help me print out those hip '55s' for ages. She won't let me near the graphics programme on my own in case I ruin her art homework.
I'll try and email you a jaffa cake as a consolation prize.

All infomation is available if anyone wants to know, but I'll have to clean the chassis before the topside goes public. Gahh! Roaddirt!

More fun later...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sorry guys, I scoffed all the biccies. Bang goes the diet - tasty but a little papery I might add howmet. Sounds like you got a good deal with the jaffa cake tho' Russell.

Just in case anyone is scratching their heads right now there was also the '64 Lang Cooper (aka King Cobra) which looks quite different to howmet's '67 Can-Am car here.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Lenny...didn't realise. I'll get the old box brownie out today. Maybe, just because you've been so patient, a little Brasso, too.
Cheers!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here we are, Lenny, just back from Snappy Snaps, and with special TLC via a tin of brasso. Anything you want to know, just ask!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Chassis all over the place on SF today - I don't know where to post first

This is seriously good howmet. I would love to have a crack at something like this myself. I think I can work out most of it but how do you construct the motor and rear axle assembly? It would great to see a plan or sketch with dimensions showing how it all goes together...

Also, is the rear axle housed in just a brass tube or do you have bearings in there too?

I've never built a sidewinder but, as I just picked up some more brass sheet and piano wire on the way home, now could be the time!

Again, great job tx
Thanks fpr posting

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Big John

Just plain tubes for the axles- no room for bearings! Works OK though.
What I tend to do is get a set-up motor- a knackered old one, and offer up the gears, put it in the chassis jig, and then temporarily solder the axle tube to the motor- or even superglue it temporarily. Then you can build the rest of the chassis up from there. When it's done, take the set-up motor out and put in your latest hot rewind. It would be fun to do a step-by-step build, though, unless someone else wants to.....
There's some clearer pics of the batmobile chassis on the old Vanquish site, too.

See you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts