SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all has any one ever seen a tyco electronic lap counter as i have got one and dont no if it worth any thing ?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Got a picture?

Have you and Ross decided about coming to Worthing on the 19th by the way yet?

Be good to see how the Tyco zapped magnets work out if you try them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there i will bee there but tycos wont be redey as i got over 20 of them to get done so at £6 car it is cost a bit to get them zapped

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Jon, you mad man
- just get one zapped so we can see how it goes. Build the rest of the car up so it is EAHORC F1 legal.

Really pleased that you (and Ross?) will be there. Are you car pooling with Clive and Marc (otherwise known as 2 Lane BlackTop)?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
That is cool. The carpooling aspect has certainly helped EAHORC grow.

If Ross comes as well we might have enough for three Pro finals again. I am joining in the fun next season, not that that should scare anyone

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more the beter and me persanly think pro mod is the new future but that might just be me lol o and my be just my be put the amps up

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
There was no guarantee when I announced the class that there would even be enough for an A final, so I am well chuffed. Is Ross coming on the 19th then?

As for the amps question, I knew I would get pressure from the Pro guys to pump more in, just as I did over balanced arms, but I am going to hold firm on that one. I have cheap, portable, easily replaceable power supplies that work with all classes, so will stick with those.

However, if HONK go for an adjustable power supply, something that can be contemplated more easily with a permanent track, perhaps a 5A Pro race could be a support race for next year's HO Grand Prix.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
There are lots of options out there, and I always have my eyes open, but the current 18V units are regulated and seem to be doing a good job.

I'd like to see what the ProMods can do unfettered too, but it would probably have to be some kind of support race. If the HOGP does end up being a 2 day event (and I have had zero feed back on that so far) then that would be viable

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will be just me
As for power I can wate
But it would be good to see my drop in neo car tutching 500" per sec on the strght
But to run that at full power it needs 65amp lol

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Those laptop power are regulated, it wasn't really meant as a serious suggestion as I think you need some means of limiting performance, other wise pro mod would just become a matter of who has the biggest magnets and the most powerful arm, whereas now you have to balance speed and grip.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Ah, I see.

Yes, the 1.2A limit came about because I did not want to get into the kinds of mess they do over the pond, but one race with the Pros off their leash would be fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts