SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Tyco produce 1/32 or 1/24 scale slot-cars? I know their motors were used in both in the 1960s, but I haven't found a reference to a full car. There wasn't one on the LASCM website the last time I looked, and if there are any on Bernard's museum site or on SlotForum they're drowned by HO Tycos.
The only Tyco item I have is one of the oddly shaped 901 motors, like the one below. Just curious about what else they produced.
Rob J

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi Rob,Tyco made no 1/24th or 1/32nd scale slot cars. Why,when their competitors did (Marx,Lionel,Aurora,Atlas,Bachman,Eldon,& Riggen)would be an interesting story. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at some of their meetings.
. Bernard

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Thanks, Bernard. Perhaps they saw less competition in the small scale (HO or whatever it is), and they certainly survived. At least the brand name did. I've no idea what slumps or changes of ownership it's been through.
Still, it is curious when they already had the bigger motors, presumably as model railway producers.
Did they sell other slot-car components? It seems unlikely that they'd go into packaging and marketing of just one line.
Rob J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts