SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
HO Scale 60's to present
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up what I thought was a CurveHugger Vette body but the HP2 doesn't fit - the front of the chassis hits the light socket. HP7? Nope, NOS chassis & the stock tires rub on the rear wheel wells. I can throw a Tyco Pro under it but want to run this one w/ the magnet cars. Anyone else have one of these - what chassis are you running?

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have seen these but never owned one, as the later C3s are very fast and the proportions are better imo (but that's only my opinion).

That said, I have found that most tyco-pro era cars will accept later chassis, but some are close/tight/not close enough. This one should, or more accurately, might, take a "pan" type chassis.

How much do you love the body? How do you feel about modifying it?

If it were mine and that was the objective, I would decide what chassis I wanted to run (X2 in my case), find out what hits, and...remove it. Possibly the chassis choice will be dictated by what requires the least body material removal.

Supertires makes low profile tires, and/or then there is the old sandpaper around a pencil trick, for instance.

Another trick (or blasphemy, your choice) is to remove material from the chassis. I drop bodys, mostly noses of bodies, and for clearance (or lack of it) sometimes I have cut the pan x2 chassis as shown, for instance.

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Machine

·
Registered
HO Scale 60's to present
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I may have a salvage HP2 chassis I can modify. What I find odd is this body was advertised as a CurveHugger so you'd think the chassis would fit. IDK, may just go with a HP7 & smaller rear tires. Thanks for the info!

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
A thought: Got any clay, or clay like stuff (clay-doh {doh?}).

I have used everything from a potato sized wad of squishy tinfoil (1:1 hood to air cleaner) to grease (1:1 ring and pinion engagement) to check "tolerances". Of course "plasti-gauge" to check 1:1 main and rod bearing tolerances.

Maybe chewing gum dried out appropriately (overnight? microwave?). It wouldn't take much to find out precisely where your points of contact are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts