Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyneside Slot Car Club proudly opened its gates to to their brand new dedicated MDF routed rally circuit this evening. Designed and built by one of the clubs founding members; Paul Fletcher, the circuit was completed last weekend and witnessed its first 'Special Stage' action during the evenings championship club night.

The track features on and off road surfaces combined with a number of challenging raised hump back bridge sections.

The Special Stage Rally Circuit will be next in action on TSCCs Rally Night; June 22nd.

Dave

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I smashed the record with 9.6 seconds
, a typical time for most scx rally cars is 11 seconds.

But I was using an avant slot subaru

You can clear the humps but there is a bend just after it, so no body has managed to stay in the slot yet but it wont be long

Cheers Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Brilliant! We have an old rallye track in Dundee, built by Alan Slade which is part routed chipboard and part scalextric. It's dead at the moment because the scalextric bit is totally knackered but your track gives me hope that we can get it sorted out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the new record of 9.1 seconds

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
had my first go on this last night I have to say it is a lot more challenging than it looks.

there are 3 sets of humps,

the first hump is a big mean hump that has a very tight bend after and attempts at jumping that had my car all over the place. bear in mind the bends dont look like much on the photos but they are tighter in real life.

the second double humps can be jumps off the first hump and landing coming down the second hump, but it is risky with a tight bend right after and you are probably better of going for a fast drive over rather than a jump. I did it a couple of times but staying on and getting a good time was probably 70% luck to 30% skill.

trying for the third hump had my car falling off the table. the best you are going to do here is land in the trees. the worst is to destroy your car.

also the wide sweeping circle curve at the bottom end of the table is very well thought out, uisng a car with sub standard tyres you can really get a nice tail slide going all the way around there.

I managed to get 10.0 seconds with my rs200, and a 9.6 using pauls avant slot subaru, and that was really pushing it.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Hi Tom.

Stick some better tyres on your MSC & I think you will get much better times.

I going to add some more trees soon, mainly just after the humps. The trees will help catch flying cars

Cheers Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts