SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a price for that (German manufactured?) tyre truer in which you place the entire rear axle? The Hudy truer is nice, but you have to take the wheels and tyres off the axles. This other truer has the added advantage of truing both rear tyres in one go

I've seen pictures of the truer, but no price was mentioned

Mark.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Try www.reifenschleifmaschine.de

The price is around 140 Euro direct from them- plus shipping if I remember right, though I have definately seen it in a few online shops so hunt around.

In my experience of it and I use it all the time, it runs best with a small 6 Volt, 12Amp hour moped battery and not a transformer ( AKKU rechargeable).

Moped: If you go through a spate of loosing your putt putt batteries - I accept NO responsibility

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tropi

Phew nearly 100 quid for it!
Hmm.. but it is a desirable bit of kit. I've had a look at the pdf document, not that I understand German, but the pictures are ok

From what I can see the aluminium slotted pulley must be an interference fit on the axle, otherwise how would it be secured?

Mark.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have two tyre truers. One is a chassis with a fast, old motor in it. I pop the axel in and grind away using a powerbase and some sand paper. The other is a trued hub mounted on a perfectly straight axel. Pop it in the dremel, tyre on the hub, sorted.

Both cost less than £20 to set up.

Lotus

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Lotus! I've been using the old flat bit of emery paper on the end of my chassis checker (flat electrical socket blanking plate), but never thought of using and old chassis and motor, D'OH! The only drawback I can see with that idea is the different bearing sizes the manufacturers use.

Mark.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I use a Ninco CLK chassis. Almost all bearings will fit into that, so no need to disassemble the axel. I suggest trueing the hub first, then replace the tyres and tyre them afterwards.

Lotus

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Mark a cheap option is to use the hardenedsteel jig wheels that charlie Fitzpatrick sells ,stick one either side of the tyre and just grind down till flat they come in different sizes ,Remind me at the club and I'll show you.

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
In use the RSM machine and have found it great. Like swiss I found using a 12v power supply a bit much but 9v great - just ensure its got about 1amp to drive the motor happily. Instructions are in german but it is very simple to use.

It is heavy (about 1kg) so if you buy from germany expect postage to be high (german always seems v expensive for postage). However GS has them and with loyalty points and free postage etc probably works out the same or maybe a bit cheaper.

Matt

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What inspired this thread? The sight of my rear tyres on the Trans Am specials perhaps?

And sadly Swiss my moped is no more after being written off by a criminal element. Maybe I should move to Switzerland as a crime prevention measure or are mopeds considered too noisy in your parts?

I use the power drill and "hub on an axle" method but sadly my hub is not square on to the axle or the axle is twisted (one or the other).

Thats Moped quality control for you but its cheap!

Moped

1 - 15 of 15 Posts