SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears I need a tyre truer, simply becasue Rob has one really. But I can see other benefits to getting one.

What's the best?

What's the cheapest?

What's the compromise one in the middle?

Lotus

PS. If you can think of anyway of getting me one for free, that'd be great too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi,
I have a Hudy for 1:24 cars and a RSM for 1:32 cars.

Both are very good if you use them for the right scale. To use a Hudy for 1:32 wheels is always a little critical as you have to remove the wheels from the axel and put it back on again after trueing.

With the RSM you can put the whole axel incl. wheels and tires into the machine and true them on the axel/wheel. Works more than fine for me!!!

Link with pictures: http://www.reifenschleifmaschine.de/d/rsm1.html

The pictures get larger if you click them. Unfortunately the Homepage is in German, but if you need any infos or translation just let me know!!

Nico

Grenzlandslot

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two things with the RSM:

What stops the axel spinning in the holder? It looks like it would just spin around because nothing appears to clamp onto it.

What do you do with inline axels, which have a contrate in the middle? It looks like it might get in the way of the spinning thing.

Lotus

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi lotus,
well the little wheel clamps onto the axel with a little screw and as soon as the motor stops, the axel stops as well!!

It also works perfectly with inline rear axels. The axel is out of the middle, but it trues the tires still perfectly (coming to the borders of my English knowledge now!!).

I can only say it works perfectly and is worth the money!!!!

I true mostly Ortmann tires with the RSM and they are "worse" to true than for example Fly or Scalextric tires!!!

Nico

Grenzlandslot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts