SlotForum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
QUOTE (thomas @ 22 Sep 2003, 05:43 PM)...just use the "famous" Reifenschleifmaschine Swiss mentioned - it works great -
I agree - I have one and it is very nice. Before I added it to my already overcrowded shop, I used two methods - the car powered system with the minor variation of using dry wall sanding screens to allow the residue to drop below the sanding surface and ( for alloy wheels) I would assemble both wheels on a dummy axle and chuck it in my Unimat and then use the flexible shaft attachment of a Dremel attached to my toolpost as sort of a toolpost grinder with a sanding sleeve and turing at slow speed counter to the rotation of the lathe - but with care becasue it is easy to generate enough heat to melt the rubber or chunck silicone.

I also believe that it is useful to slightly "break" the edges to avoid tripping.

EM

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
QUOTE (thomas @ 22 Sep 2003, 18:43)...just use the "famous" Reifenschleifmaschine Swiss mentioned - it works great - and I use it on all my 1/32 and most of the 1/24-cars - as long as I'm not driving on routed tracks - but that's an other story. Swiss has lost the link to the webpage - but look by yourself!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thomas, why dont you use it for cars used on routed track ?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I would be interested in that one too thomas

I use it all the time on both plastic AND routed tracks and not had a problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Kai,

I see that you have and use a(RSM) made Tiretruer from Germnay. If you would could you give the address and cost to this truing machine? The club that i am in would like to buy one and so would i. We have tryed the website but cant make heads or tails of it? So it would be a great help for any info on it that you can provide. Thanks for your time and help.

GIJOE USMC

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Nope, I dont have it, and dont think that we are going to order it.
We have discussed a little bit, and came to the conclusion that it seems like its just as fragile as the Hudy, if it has many users.
We are still on the lookout.
Getslotted has it.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
In defence of the RSM I have found it very user friendly and not at all fragile in use.
You can order extra sanding plates so each person can have their own as well.

GI JOE: send them an email from the site, they speak English fine and will answer any questions fast and efficiently.

·
Matt Tucker
3,560 Posts
I'll defend the RSM as well - I've dropped mine on to a concrete floor and the floor came off worse. Very sturdy and not a lot that can go wrong with it.

Just need to ensure you've got a variable power supply - I use a crappy variable transformer for low speed truing and then plug in a Scaly wal wart if I need some high power revs.

Matt

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello All,
Well so far not one answer from (RSM) the 1/32 tiretruering Co. after almost nine months of emails to them. And almost the same amont of post time on slotcar chat boards as to the address and cost of the truer? many say they have one and like it alot. But no one wants to give any type of info. on how they came about getting there's.
I have 3 types 0f truers for my 1/24 scalecars Hudy,Wrightway,Cobra, but would like to have one just for my plastic 1/32 scalecars.
Looks like that will not happen at this rate ,looks like the people who make the RSM truer are keeping down to just a few????? Time to move on, on how to buy one at this point.
GIJOE USMC

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
GI JOE - 9 months???

Ok here is the contact details for you all and a list of outlets (90% in Germany though)

balke & feistkorn GBR
- Produkte für die Autorennbahn -
Goethestr. 13
48734 Reken
Telefon: +49 (0)2864 5928

Holger Balke, Goethestr. 13, 48734 Reken
Ingo Feistkorn, Amtsstr. 13, 67059 Ludwigshafen

[email protected]

USt-Id: DE224790366

Patentnr: 10152873 DPMA

Wir haben kein Ladengeschäft! Persönliche Kontaktaufnahme bitte zunächst über Email oder Telefon. Danke!
(We do not have a retail outlet. For personal contact please use email or the telephone. Thanks)

Outlets:

# Caracho Modellrennbahn Center, 45659 Recklinghausen

# Overdrive-Slotserviceoverdrive-slotservice, 51379 Leverkusen

# Slotfire, 50937 Köln

# Slotfun, 61273 Wehrheim

# myslotcar, 27616 Lunestedt

# kaufschlau, 32547 Bad Oeynhausen

Netherlands:
# slotracershardware, 5684LW Best (NL)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.