SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a couple cars for Pony Wars - A BMW 2002 and a 911.

I have bought some Penelope wheels, the narrow 15" for the 911 front and the 13" for the BMW front and rear.

I am after some tyres to fit these wheels - the 911 fronts just need to be correct size for the narrow wheels as I can lacquer them if they are are grippy compound, but what can I use for the BMW to give decent grip on such a small wheel?

Just for completeness - on the 911 rear I have taken down in width some P6s that seem to 'look' like they might be ok.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Jim.
For pendle, I would go with NSR Ultra's. They can be narrowed by exacto knife or sanding. I have run them as narrow as 7.5 mm, without problrms. Start with the 20x10 size and work on those to get them down to size.
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Bill Old Friend,

What the heck are "prblrms" ??.

Its the 2nd "r" I'm concerned about most !!.

Have Shropshire Council derived a new language to confound us all even further ??!!.

VBR Chris A.

ps: Jim, You know better than that, it has to be NSR Ultras !!.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried various tyres on but due to the narrow overall width and narrow rib in the middle I haven't found one to fit. They end up hanging off one side.or just floating around due to the narrow rib.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Hi Jim,

I used the same wheels on my Porsche 911 (Arii body), I fitted them with Ninco Classic tyres which fit well and look right. But if you want to be really competative you should go with the NSR's but they won't look as nice. I also used RS slotracing "Porsche steel wheel" inserts which look right (the ones in the pictures below are now painted silver BTW and look a lot better).

You might also like to know that the Ninco Porche 911/935? chassis has the perfect wheelbase for the Arii kit and might be a better option than the PCS as you can use a long can motor and it sits quite low in the chassis.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE You might also like to know that the Ninco Porche 911/935? chassis has the perfect wheelbase for the Arii kit

Similarily, the majority of historic Porsches were built around 2300mm wheelbases (90.5") which is handy to know when kit-bashing bodies onto RSR chassis.

Coop

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Thanks Coop didn't realise that.

Thinking about the wheel inserts I mentioned earlier you might also like to know that Fuchs are available from RS as well and might be more suitable for a Trans Am Porsche.

Thanks,

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.